Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
How Do We Make Great Buildings and Places? Procuring Buildings of the Best Value and Design
Wednesday, 1 May 2013 from 08:30 to 11:00 (BST)
How Do We Make Great Buildings and Places?
Procuring Buildings of the Best Value and Design
08.30 -11.30am Wednesday 1st May, Nottingham Trent University, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham NG1 4BU
Chair: Paul Collins CEnv MSc MRICS MBFIM AoU FICPD, Nottingham Trent University
A morning event to:
· Encourage the use of procurement practices which prioritise design quality and deliver long-term value for clients
· Encourage dialogue on access to procurement for small firms, between architects, co-professionals and procurement bodies (local authorities, housing associations, frameworks & contractors and others) at local level
· Build constructive, ongoing and reciprocal relationships between the RIBA and public clients
· Raise awareness of the RIBA’s ongoing work on the procurement of buildings
This free event includes:
· Keynote address by George Cowcher, Chief Executive, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire Chamber of Commerce
· Presentation of the recommendations of the RIBA report Building Ladders of Opportunity by Walter Menteth, Walter Menteth Architects and Russell Curtis, RCKa Architects, of the RIBA Procurement Reform Group
· Presentation byCllr. Nick McDonald, Nottingham City Council on Nottingham’s new procurement policy, aimed at supporting jobs for local people through increased use of local businesses for Council contracts
· Question and answer discussion session
This event is free and includes breakfast rolls; however booking is essential
For further information contact Henrietta McCabe at RIBA East Midlands
T: 01522 837480