"How I stumbled from Wall Street and the City into social enterprise and finance" with Rod Schwartz, CEO & Founder of ClearlySo
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM (BST)
London, United Kingdom
Esc Wednesdays are Escape the City’s monthly after-work talks in central London. They are a fun way to spend an evening with some friends, meet some interesting like-minded people, and hear from someone who has an interesting perspective on life outside of the corporate mainstream.
Over the past two years we've heard from a fantastic range of career changers, entrepreneurs and adventurers. This evening promises to be another great one. The emphasis is on discussion - we ask our speakers to talk for a maximum of 30 minutes before we open it to the room for a lively Q&A.
Introducing our speaker: Rod Schwartz
Rod has operated in the investment industry as an analyst, strategic consultant, senior manager, corporate advisor, venture capitalist and entrepreneur. Over the past 32 years, he has acquired a great understanding of what makes companies succeed or fail. He currently runs ClearlySo, which is an investment bank helping social entrepreneurs raise capital.
5 reasons why you should come...
- You work in finance and you'd like to hear how someone went from running Lehman's European Equities business to becoming an entrepreneur.
- You are thinking of starting a social business or enterprise, or heard about this area and would like to know more.
- You are raising investment for your social enterprise and would like to learn about the do's and don'ts.
- You run or work in a social enterprise and you would like to hear how Clearly So can help you develop and grow.
- You'd like to know why Rod thinks that the boom he observes now in social investment reminds him of what he saw as a top-rated equity analyst on Wall Street studying investment banks.
More about Rod...
- Chief Executive at ClearlySo
- Chairman at The Green Thing and Spacehive
- Past Non-Executive Board Chairman of Justgiving and Shelter
- Trustee at Public Services Trust 2020, Global Economic Symposium and the South East Europe Research Centre
- Visiting Lecturer at Said Business School
- WEDNESDAY 23rd MAY - ADAM STREET CLUB
- NB: Bar opens: 6.30 pm | Talk starts: 7.30 pm
- We will be meeting at the Adam Street Club – the private members club for entrepreneurs.
- About Adam Street: London is our HQ (the city where Escape the City was born) and we are thrilled that our London events take place at the Adam Street Entrepreneurs Club.
When & Where
Escape the City - The Escape School
The Escape School is Escape the City's events arm.
We put on courses, events and meetups aimed at educating and empowering corporate professionals for alternative career paths, entrepreneurialism and adventure.
There is so much rubbish career and startup advice out there. So many unhelpful myths. We are building the Escape School to teach what we wish we’d learnt back in 2009 when we were stuck… sitting glumly on the Tube wondering how on earth to get out.
If Escape the City is a community that helps corporate professionals ‘do something different’ then the Escape School is where we engage closely with you (in the real world). It has been founded with one single objective: to help you grapple with that huge, scary, unmanageable yet exciting question: “What Next?"