How to find and read a relevant research paper - webinar
Monday, 10 October 2016 from 11:00 to 12:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In this interactive webinar we will explore the following questions:
- How can you find and read a relevant research paper?
- When you have limited time how might academic journal article search engines help you in your research work?
- How can you identify the most useful journals and papers relevant to your work?
- What are the quick ways to source key information from the article?
- How can you avoid common and time-consuming mistakes?
- The session is aimed at careers and employability professionals whom are interested in learning how to effectively and efficiently inform their practice through greater awareness of relevant research.
By the end of the course participants will have increased confidence in their ability to source and use relevant academic journal articles to inform their work.
This webinar will enable you to:
- Reflect on how academic journal articles could be useful to you in your work.
- Assess the most effective ways of identifying the most useful journals and the most relevant articles.
- Explore the use of academic search engines as a way to quickly access the information you need.
- Consider the most expedient way to extract key information that you need rather than waste time trawling through the entire article.
Share your ideas, questions and learning with your fellow participants
- Refine your understanding of the role research could play in your work
- Develop your understanding of useful tools and techniques
- Refresh your knowledge of the relevant literature
- Understand the benefits of being able to access and utilise academic journal articles
- Training provided by experts from the field
Senior Careers Consultant, Research Unit, The Careers Group
Save This Event
When & Where
Careers Staff Development
The Careers Group offers quality, affordable training to those working in the careers and professional development field.
We know the importance of keeping your skills current. Careers Staff Development at The Careers Group offers specialist training, guidance and interactive webinars for those in the industry. Our training is contemporary, practical and relevant to the day-to-day management and practice of those working in the industry.
Discover our wide range of training sessions and workshops today.