How to Use Finance to Change the World: An Evening with Finance Matters
Thursday, 10 July 2014 from 19:00 to 21:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Escape the City evenings are a really fun way to spend an evening with some friends, meet some interesting like-minded people, and hear from someone who has an interesting story.
Finance Matters is a cross-corporate community of finance professionals in London with a strong interest in helping the financial industry drive social change.
It is a community and project platform open to all current and ex professionals from the financial services & investment community who want to use their talent & capital for deliberate, positive, social or environmental impact – either by operating outside or inside the finance community.
Madeleine will lead you through Finance Matters' approach to finding immediate opportunities to do more good with the financial skills and experience you already have, including the pros and cons of different career paths. You'll get a better idea of how to merge profit with purpose in a finance - and a roadmap to getting smarter about blended value and kick-starting a finance career with impact.
5 reasons to come
1. You want to find a meaningful way to use your finance skills and believe that finance can be a powerful tool for driving positive change.
2. You're considering getting into impact investing and want to better understand the industry and opportunities.
3. You currently work in finance and you'd like to meet a group of peers who are passionate about environmental issues and social change.
4. You are trying to find a way to get more involved in social enterprise or social finance outside of work.
5. You just generally like the idea of combining profit and purpose in finance and want to meet a group of peers interested in the same.
About the speaker
Madeleine Evans is one of the founders of Finance Matters. She is an investment professional in the London office of the private equity firm Texas Pacific Group. She is also co-founder of Finance Matters, a London-based organization that acts as a partner to finance professionals grappling with the challenge of re-shaping their relationship to society and creating greater positive impact with their financial skills and capital.
Madeleine has also presented and published research on incentives in impact investing, and she occasionally advises charities on impact measurement and evaluation.
She obtained an MPA from the London School of Economics a BS/BA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Huntsman Program in International Studies and Business.
- Date: Thursday 10th July 2014
- Venue: Bathtub 2 Boardroom, near Bank tube
- Timings: 7 pm arrival | 7.15 pm talk starts
- End: 8.15-8.30 pm Q&A ends
- After: Please stay after for drinks and networking
- Host: Escape the City - www.escapethecity.org
This event is part of our ongoing series - check out the rest here.
When & Where
Escape the City - The Escape School
Escape the City is a global community of +180,000 talented corporate professionals seeking exciting career opportunities. The Escape School is Escape the City's education arm.
It's not about opting out. It's about ambitious, talented people spending their careers doing work that matters; to them and to the world.
We produce a wide range of talks, events and courses to educate, empower and connect our members for career changes, entrepreneurialism and adventure.
There is so much rubbish advice out there - so many unhelpful myths. We have built the Escape School to teach what we wish we’d learnt back in 2009 when we were commuting to our corporate jobs, wondering how to drive our career in directions that matter to us.
Rob, Dom & Mikey - Esc Founders
Matt & Adele - Escape School team
More about Escape the City: www.escapethecity.org
More about The Escape School: www.school.escapethecity.org