When you only have 140 characters to express yourself, you have to make every one count. Learn how to construct effective tweets with impact and personality at this entertaining masterclass with comedian David Schneider @davidschneider (The Day Today, I'm Alan Partridge) and David Levin, the professional Twitter expert behind high-profile accounts including @BBCTheVoiceUK and @BBCApprentice, co-founders of That Lot social media agency.
Whether you're tweeting for a brand, business or yourself, you'll learn new ways to connect with your audience and win followers. The course also features social strategy tips from making hashtags work for you to making the most of analytic tools, as well as instruction in advanced Twitter formats such as live-tweeting, and a special session from Twitter UK on best practice for businesses.
This course features techniques for writing memorable, topical tweets and getting them noticed by a wider audience. The topics covered include:
- Overview of what works for brands, companies and individuals
- Your Twitter homepage
- Tone of voice – the essential Twitter tool
- How to tweet – the mechanics of good tweets, retweets and replies
- Writing the perfect tweet – tweeting with impact, humour, personality
- Boosting your popularity – working the hashtags, getting trending, virals
- What not to tweet and the dangers of Twitter
- Advanced Twitter formats: live-tweeting, quizzes, working the hashtags, getting trending, virals
- Improve your social strategy – using Tweetdeck and analytic tools
This course is for you if...
You're familiar with the basics of Twitter but want to make your account more effective, interesting, entertaining or popular.
Best known for his collaborations with the likes of Armando Iannucci and Steve Coogan, David Schneider is an actor, writer, director and Twitter obsessive with over 150,000 followers.
David Levin is a professional tweeter responsible for accounts such as @BBCTheVoiceUK, @BBCApprentice as well as numerous brand and company accounts. Together with David Schneider, he now runs That Lot, a company dedicated to helping brands and businesses use social media with impact, humour and personality.
Date: Sunday 12 January 2014
Times: 10am-5pm. Check-in begins 30 minutes before the start time.
Location: The Guardian, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU
☻Early bird special (a limited number of places at a reduced price for people who book in advance) £99
☻Regular price £119
(all prices include VAT, booking fee, lunch and refreshments)
Event capacity: 100
Dress code: There is no dress code for Masterclasses. Please dress however you feel comfortable.