I AM+ CREATIVE ARTS EVENT
Saturday, 22 November 2014 from 10:00 to 16:00 (GMT)
Sale, United Kingdom
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
For the first time, The Salvation Army is planning a creative arts and music event specifically for young people aged 11-16 years with learning difficulties and/or additional needs!
I AM+ starts at 10am where the I AM + team will meet you at the entrance, welcome you and do registration.
We will open with some Creative Worship and then you can take part in workshops including art and drama.
After lunch we will work together to produce an arts and drama piece which you can share with your families at the end of the day.
Sale Corps is a great place to be! We can offer extra spaces and things to do if you need a break from the main sessions including a sensory space.
Your parents or friends that have brought you also have a space to relax while you are taking part in this Creative Arts day or they can go off and come back to see you later.
If you have brothers or sisters they will also have a place to meet while you take part in I AM+.
Here is an outline programme so you can see how the day will run although it may look a little different on the day:
10:00 Arrival and registration
10:30 Creative worship
11:00 Creative Art workshop
12:15 Creative Drama workshop
13:45 Creative Music workshop
14:45 Bringing it all together
15:30 Getting ready including Welcome of family and refreshments
15:45 Celebration with the families
N.B. this programme and timings are subject to change at this stage
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us!
When & Where
ALOVE UK: The Salvation Army for a New Generation
- Territorial Youth Secretary: Major Mike Lloyd-Jones
- Associate Territorial Youth Secretary: Major Lisa Lloyd-Jones
- PA to Territorial Youth Secretaries: Rebecca Spaul
- Team Administrator: Anita Parker
- Communications and Resources:Hannah Kingston
Facilitating the ALOVE Youth Movement/Programme and Training
- Youth programme and Training: Dave Cotterill
- Training Programme Manager: Matt Leeder
- Training and Programme Coordinator: Anita Gellatly
- Youth Worker Development Manager: Jonny Whitmore
- Events Manager: Kathryn Payne
- Educational resources/Extended Schooling: Adrian Gosling
- Strategic Development for Youth Services: Gillian Shepherd, Mark Symmonds, Rachel Boyes and Olly Thorp