San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A course for street lighting engineers filled with information, hands on sessions and smart exercises.
You might not have had the opportunity for formal training on these subjects – we aim to make sure you have the practical knowledge and experience you need to add to your competency in three key areas.
LIGHT METERS AND PHOTOMETERS
- Why measure?
- Choosing the right photometer for you
- Calibration and measuring performance
- Measurement standards CEN/ BS / ILP TR28
- Understand the fundamental principles of determining cable size calculations and why it is important
- Which type of cable to select
- Learn about protective devices, conductor size and correction factors
- Learn how to determine voltage drops, provide shock protection and the effect of thermal constraints
- Understand what is meant by power factor for lighting circuits
STREET LIGHTING ELECTRICAL KNOW-HOW
- Legislation and regulations and how they affect you!
- A look at the IET 17th Edition and BS7671:2008(2011)
- What is G39 and when does it apply
- What you should know about electrical protective devices
- Awareness of different terminations and connections
ILP member: £199 + VAT
Non-member: £350 + VAT
You can pay by invoice/debit or credit card.
If you are paying by card, you don't need a Paypal account, just click on the pay by card option.
To pay by invoice, click on 'show other payment options'.