Indie Game: The Meetup
Saturday, 29 September 2012 at 19:30 (BST)
London, United Kingdom
Wow, we're sold out! Thanks to everyone who's pre-registered! If you didn't get a chance but would like to come, you can register to be put on the waiting list.
If you registered but can no longer come, please let us know so we can reassign your ticket(s), thanks!
The Indie Meet-'em-Up is a free informal networking event brought to you by Zero Dependency, Team Ekko, IndieCity, Sheridans, and Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Drinks are free (sponsored by the lovely Paradox) but aside from the first one you must "earn" extra beer tokens by chatting to one of the experts:
- Alex Chapman, leading games lawyer specialising in developers and IP.
- Alex Tutty, intellectual property lawyer who focuses on advising indie developers.
- Graham McAllister, founder of Player Research, a user research and playtesting studio.
- Jim Rossignol, from Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Mike Bithell, basically Peter Parker. By day he's a mild mannered Lead Designer at Bossa, by night he makes rectangle games like Thomas Was Alone.
- David Hayward, curator of the Indie Games Arcade, the Rezzed Leftfield Collection, and organiser of Bit of Alright.
- Dan Pearce, won BAFTA's Young Game Designers Award in 2010.
...and plenty more to be confirmed!
There are some booths at the venue that could potentially be used to show off games, etc. so if you have anything you want to show people feel free to bring along a laptop, iPad or whatever and we'll do our best to help you out! If you're interested in taking advantage of this it would be super-helpful if you could let us know in advance, by emailing email@example.com.
In addition, the wonderful people at Insert Coin Clothing have given us two £10 vouchers, Unknown Worlds have given us 25 keys for Natural Selection 2, those amazing Indie Game: The Movie guys have given us three copies of the film, and Unity are sending us a bunch of goodies!
All are up for grabs if you register and show up! We'll be drawing for these on the night. :D
There's limited space at The Warwick so please, if you're planning on coming, sign up! If you turn up without registering we might be able to let you in, but you won't get your first drink free and that would be a terrible start to your evening! :)
Prizes generously provided by: