Innovation in Growing Cities
ThinkTank - Birmingham Science Museum, Thursday 24th October 2013
Join us at this major innovation event in Birmingham to explore the central theme of social innovation in growing cities.
The event will provide Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and other organisations with the practical tools to grow jobs effectively.
The morning will consist of presentations and conversations exploring innovating growth in jobs. The event will include presentations and discussions by:
- Sir Albert Bore, Leader, Birmingham City Council
- David Frost, Chair of the LEP Network
- Geoff Mulgan, Chief Executive, Nesta
- Dr Ann Limb, OBE DL, Chair, South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership
- Paul Miller, Founder of Gavurin Software
You will also hear from the UK’s Top Job’s Innovators including:
- Sian Lockwood OBE, Chief Executive of Community Catalysts;
- Martin Bright, Founder & Chief Executive of The Creative Society;
- Paula Glassey, Manager of Employer Pool at Fusion21,
- Arfah Farooq, Co-Founder & Co-Director of Discoverables.
- Sandy Campbell, CEO of Workingrite
- Fiona Ward, Project Lead of REconomy Project
Kersten England, Nesta Trustee and Chief Executive of York City Council will close the event.
We will also be hosting an Open Data Energy and Environment Challenge Definition Workshop following this event in the afternoon from 14.30- 17.00 , places are limited but to register please sign up here
When & Where
Nesta is the UK's innovation foundation. We help people and organisations bring great ideas to life. We do this by providing investments and grants and mobilising research, networks and skills. We are an independent charity and our work is enabled by an endowment from the National Lottery. Nesta is a registered charity in England and Wales 1144091 and Scotland SC042833. For more information, please visit: http://www.nesta.org.uk/about-us