YOU HAVE TO BE AGED 19+ to study with us.
This course runs weekly on Saturdays 10:00 - 15:30 for 4 weeks.
Explore basic Illustration, design and home publishing techniques in this 20-hour introductory course. The three programs will be taught along side each other, maximizing on the cross over between the individual software.
Learners will be guided through the basics of each program, quickly gaining a broad base of skills. Topics covered will include:
- Working with layers
- Basic image editing
- Image generation
- Fill and path
- Creative type
- Type on a path
- Single page documents
- Importing images
- Generating design elements
All learners have access to their own laptop and the course is taught at an approachable pace. Resources are provided for each topic in digital format. A USB stick is needed to make the most of the sessions and the resources.
On completion of the course learners will
- Create and edit digital imagery
- Handle and manipulate type
- Have an understanding of how to synthesize the three programs for basic graphic design and home publishing needs.
- Create and save documents suitable to specific requirements