Get a head start on the next great tech revolution
If you thought the internet was revolutionary, wait until you get a load of Google Glass. Wearable technology offers totally new ways to access information, share content and interact with the environment. Scheduled for commercial release in 2014, Glass is already creating huge buzz in industries as diverse as education, journalism, healthcare, advertising and engineering.
This eye-opening seminar, led by videojournalism pioneer Michael Rosenblum, includes an in-depth overview of the features, functions and potential of Glass, as well as exploring the ways in which wearable computers will change our culture, economy, and our relationship with technology. Whether you're a curious consumer, a tech professional, or simply want to know what Glass can do for your business, now is the perfect time to find out how it will change the game.
Featuring talks from digital media experts Michael Rosenblum and Lisa Lambden, this three-hour evening seminar explores how wearable tech, and Google Glass in particular, will change business, social media and personal relations. Topics covered will include:
- The new and different ways Glass offers to access information
- How Glass can transform social networking
- Recording and uploading video and stills content using Glass
- The past, present and future of human-computer relations
- How the growth of Glass will change computing, e-commerce and social networking – and how you can prepare for the coming shift
This course is for you if…
- You're a tech enthusiast who wants to know more about Google Glass
- You work in advertising or marketing and are interested in the new opportunities Glass affords
- You want to know how wearable computing could affect online commerce
- You're a journalist, photographer, blogger or social media professional interested in how Glass could change the way you work
- You're interested in designing or developing apps for Glass
When & Where
Welcome to Guardian masterclasses – a unique programme of learning embedded within one of the world's most forward-thinking media organisations.
Masterclasses offer a broad range of short and long courses across a variety of disciplines from creative writing, journalism, photography and design, film and digital media, music and cultural appreciation.
Harnessing the expertise and specialisms within the organisation, our courses are led by first class and award winning guardian professionals whilst also drawing on the skills and expertise of other leading figures at the forefront of the creative and digital industries.
The programme is aimed at anyone interested in personal or professional development whether that be refining your skills, focusing your ambition or simply broadening your mind and gaining inspiration.