San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
IOSH Approved trainers recertification course assisting people to move (2 days) (IARC/14)
13, 14 October 2016
This course is for those who have successfully completed the IOSH Approved Manual Handling Trainers Course Assisting People to Move. Recertification is required every 3 years to maintain IOSH accreditation.
It is also suitable for Moving and Handling trainers who wish to maintain their skills as required by the National Back Exchange and other professional bodies. Whilst these cannot be issued with IOSH accreditation they will receive HME certificates for evidence of CPD.
It is a highly practical course designed to: Update participants on legal and professional standards including QCF awards, provide opportunities to practise and critically evaluate the application of the key principles for safer manual handling in a range of situations, assess participants to ensure that they continue to meet IOSH standards, provide opportunities to review their own practice and that of others and explore specific handling difficulties. Whilst the framework of the course remains the same for all the practical work is customised to the needs of different work settings.
- IOSH approved trainers are required to attend this course every 3 years to maintain their certificate
- Other trainers are welcome to attend they cannot receive IOSH recertification but HME issue certificates for evidence of CPD
To ensure participants maintain the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver a foundation level assisting and moving training programme in line with current best practice.
By the end of the course the participant will:
- Be updated on legal and professional standards
- Have been assessed on performing a range of handling activities to ensure that they continue to meet IOSH standards
- Practised and critically evaluated the application of the key principles for safe manual handling in a range of situations
- Have reviewed their own practice and that of others
- Explored specific handling difficulties
Save This Event
When & Where
Prism Medical UK: HME Training Division
Martin Hutchinson and Rosemary Rodgers have worked together for over 20 years and are acknowledged national and international experts in this field.
They established HME in 1997 and now have a team of 14 who can work throughout the UK.
HME received a National Training Award in December 2007 and were invited by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) to explain their award winning management system and training programme at over 30 care home seminars held throughout the UK during 2008/9.
Rosemary and Martin were founder members of East Midlands Back Exchange, and have produced and contributed to a number of publications and training resources. They are regular conference speakers both in the UK and abroad.
From 12 September 2014, HME has become part of Prism Medical UK and now operates as Prism Medical UK, HME Training Division