KERB Workshop: The Inside Track on Breaking into the Street Food Business
Sunday, 3 March 2013 from 10:00 to 18:00 (GMT)
After the great success of our first workshop in November, we are opening up the KERB doors once again for another invaluable look into this world; revealing plenty of juicy nuggets and secrets of what it takes to succeed on the kerb.
Confirmed speakers for the day are:
- Street Kitchen's Mark Jankel
- - sourcing, ingredients and suppliers
- Luardos’ Simon Luard (fresh from his Guardian Masterclass success)
- - building a customer base, markets and running two food vans
- The ‘Godfather of Street Food’, Nick Friedman
- - operations, Health & Safety must-knows and trading pearls
- Market and Thames festival manager, Barny Crockford
- - what the event organiser looks for, how to pitch for success
- British Street Food Awards founder, Richard Johnson
- - where the street food scene is heading
- Original Fry-Up Material’s Jon Knight
- - how on earth does a new traders get a pitch? The inside track
And introduced by KERB's Petra Barran + a few other gems
Breakfast, lunch and tea will be provided by some of our favourite KERBanists
Here are some testimonials from the November workshop:
"Thanks for the Sunday workshop - it was really amazing. Like, really really amazing. Didn't know what to expect but just blown away by it all".
Kelvin Cheung, Food Cycle
"If it was easy everyone would do it" was Petra's mantra. The workshop and all it's speakers really hammered that point home...A great balance of speakers...It's really got me thinking about my next steps. A must for anyone serious about entering the industry".
"Would I recommend someone else to attend this workshop? Yes, I'm sure they would love it just as much as me".
"The KERB workshop provided us with so much relevant information, which has given us the hunger to proceed with our street food business".