Lancaster University Start-up boot camp 17th-18th December 2012
Monday, December 17, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM (GMT)
Got a business idea: Could you work for yourself? Want to consider it?
It’s easier than you think and there’s plenty of support!
What have students and graduates been saying about the event....
"The most useful workshop I have been to in my one year as a postgraduate. It is the most practical experience that a student can get whether or not they decide to start a business. It is knowledge that is invaluable and priceless" – Rabi Sule
"It’s an event for everyone to attend because it adds an entrepreneur skill to already acquired academic knowledge" - Oluwabamise Afolabi
"I would recommend this event to all students and staff as it has given me confidence to contemplate starting my own business" – Glenys Jones
"Lively and involving event from start to finish". Every speaker was encapsulating and throughout knowledgeable. Fantastic all round! – Richard Derbyshire
What can I expect?
The Start-up boot camp is run over two jam-packed days. There will be interactive workshops, guest speakers sharing their experiences and networking opportunities with other likeminded individuals. If you have a business idea but don’t know what to do about it, have a business plan but don’t know what to do next or just want to find out more about the exciting opportunity of working for yourself then get involved!
By attending you will have the opportunity to bid for start-up funding and be introduced to potential investors to help you get your idea off the ground.
The programme is FREE, so it can’t hurt to come along. It is aimed at individuals that have a business idea already but even if you decide starting a business isn’t right for you, you’ll still have met some really useful people and have a better understanding of what setting up or working in a small business is all about.
This programme is worth in excess of £3000! By agreeing to attend you are committing to attend both full days.
- These events are for students or recent graduates (gradudated since 2008) living in the Northwest only, they are not open to all members of the public. A sign in sheet will be used for every event to record details of attendees. If you would like to discuss your registration for an event then please contact Jon Powell at email@example.com or on 01524 594137.
- After registration your interest you will be contacted to complete an application form. Lancaster University reserves the right to reject applictions and refuse admission.
- By signing up for this event you confirm you will be attending on the day.
- A photographer may be present to record activities which may be used for post event publicity. If you would not like your photograph to be used then please contact Jon Powell (Lancaster University Enterprise Champion) in advance of the event at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- his event is organised in association with the Northwest Enterprise Champion project, part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Due to funding eligibility only students and graduates from EU countries are eligible for this event. Individuals must be looking to start up a business in the Northwest of England.
- By registering and applying you must be prepared to attend both full days of the event.
When & Where
Lancaster University How To...
‘How To’has been organised by Lancaster University to help our students develop skills and behaviours that will give them the edge in the future. ‘How To’ is part of Global Entrepreneurship Week 2012, a worldwide movement encouraging people from all walks of life to be more enterprising in all that they do.
Please register for each event by selecting it below.