Language and Culture Masterclass
Tuesday, 30 September 2014 from 09:30 to 13:45 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This seminar is aimed at existing Passport to Export or Gateway to Global Growth clients and will provide information about international communication in business. It will explain what measures companies need to take in order to successfully communicate with businesses abroad.
International communications are an integral part of an export communications strategy. Culture and language are often considered to be amongst the main barriers to export success in markets.
In this masterclass we look at the main language and culture factors to consider, how to build positive influence and effective relationships in your target markets and plan your international communications to achieve business success.
Why should i attend?
- Improve international business performance and gain competitive edge
- Increase export enquiries, sales and profits
- Increase confidence in approaching new and challenging markets
- Meet fellow exporters from North West companies and share experiences, insights and ideas.
What will the event cover?
- Understanding culture and things to plan for when working in international contexts
- Assessing and meeting language skills needs
- Practical advice on using and selecting translation and interpretation services
- Main considerations when developing your export communications review
- Top tips and examples of best practice
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Registration
- 10:00 - 11:30 Understanding Culture
- 11:30 - 11:45 Refreshment break
- 11:45 - 12:15 Language needs and translation services
- 12:15 - 13:00 Export communication strategy
- 13:00 - 13:45 Networking lunch
To register interest in this masterclass please click the "Register" button at the top of the page. Alternatively for more information please contact Tony Hill on 0161 875 2336 or email email@example.com.
When & Where
Department for International Trade (DIT) North West
Call 0333 320 0392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.