LEARN HOW TO BLOG WORKSHOP BY JODIE HUMPHRIES - BLOGGER & MARKETING EXPERT
What’s the course about?
Writing a blog for your business is one of the simplest ways that you can increase your online visibility and if you’ve not considered it before, it should definitely be a part of your 2016 marketing strategy.
Not only will a blog help with your Google ranking and social media content and engagement, it’s something you can create and maintain, even if you have a limited marketing budget.
In this workshop I’ll draw on my personal skills of copywriting, marketing and blogging to show that it’s nothing to be afraid of. You don't need to be a literary genius or a web design wizard to write and manage a blog.
Key topics covered:
The ‘Why’ you should write a blog
• Why Blogging is good for your customers and your business and how it helps your SEO
• What to write – tips on relevant content and tone of voice for your
· How to start a blog on your website: which tools to use (e.g. Wordpress.org)
· How to choose a suitable theme or style for your blog
· How to plan and publish a post (step by step live demo on Wordpress.org)
· How to get your photos web ready (step by step live demo on Pic Monkey and Wordpress)
· How to use the blog to help with SEO (live demo on Google Keywords and Yoast)
· How to market your blog posts effectively (live demo on Twitter/Facebook)
Throughout the course I'll be showing you real live examples from my own personal blog so that you feel confident on how to use the online platforms and tools to research, create and publish posts.
Who is this course suitable for?
Whether you’re just starting out with your business and you’re wondering how to engage with customers, or you’re well established this course is for you. There will be a focus on wordpress.org blogs during the course, but no previous knowledge is necessary, technophobes welcome! No question is too silly to ask.
Jodie is an experienced marketeer and blogger and enjoys inspiring others to become better bloggers. She likes to share simple, easy, jargon free techniques to help you learn how to manage and maintain your blog yourself.
You can see more of Jodie ‘in action’ on the website for her blog: www.maidenheadmum.co.uk
Please note a minimum number of attendees is required. If the workshop has to be cancelled for any reason, all attendees will be offered a full refund.
Save This Event
When & Where
Amanda is a seasoned Marketing & Social Media professional with over 20 years of experience. Amanda is the founder of The Business Girls Network, an online and offline community providing local women in business with the training, support and empowerment they need, to be the very best they can be.
Terms & Conditions
- Strictly no refunds once booked.
- TBGN reserves the right to cancel the meet up without notice.
- TBGN will not be held responsible for any issues arising relating to the venue or speakers.
- By attending an event, the attendee agrees to any photography, content from the workshop to be used for marketing purposes.
- Attendees are responsible for all technology and power cables. It is NOT the responsibility of the organiser if the attendees lose power during an event.
- Please read the individual workshop details to make sure you understand the content of the workshop. If you have a question, please contact the organiser prior to booking the workop. Refunds will not be given if you simply decide the workshop is not for you.