The Games Tribe Training Courses, sponsored by EA
BOOK NOW TO GET 50% OFF THE FULL PRICE!
Learn to be a professional games journalist
The Games Tribe is dedicated to improving games journalism across the internet.
As part of that mission we are launching a series of training courses to help people who want to make a living out of games journalism.
The day-long courses will be taught by experienced games journalists who will put you into real situations and show you the tricks of the trade.
The first course will include a keynote speech and detailed advice from Keith Stuart, games correspondent for The Guardian, a former editor and long-time freelance games writer.
The courses are sponsored by EA and this first day course will be held at their offices in Guildford and feature a tour of the studio and the chance to interview a developer and play pre-release versions of EA games.
· Keynote from Guardian games correspondent and former magazine editor, Keith Stuart: ‘What it takes to be a professional games journalist’
· Writing news, previews and features
· Interviewing developer workshop
· Writing for the web: making sure your copy gets read
· Working with PRs workshop
· Writing game reviews workshop
· Reviews will be submitted after the course for evaluation
· Attendees will be able to get continuing help and advice from The Games Tribe
· All attendees will get a certificate and goody bag
Date: 30 September, 2011
Price: Early bird price: £49.99. Full price £99.99
When & Where
The Games Tribe Ltd
The Games Tribe is the champion of independent games sites and journalism.
Run by experienced games media professionals, The Games Tribe is dedicated to improving the state of games journalism, creating ways to make running your own site profitable and helping journalists make a living.
The Games Tribe is a member of UKIE and contributes a portion of its profits to GamesAid.
Head to http://corporate.thegamestribe.com/ for more on The Games Tribe