Learn to sew -Make Pyjama Trousers
- Do you want to start using dressmaking patterns but haven't a clue about all the terminology?
- Are you itching to get started making your own clothes, but struggling to get going?
Then this is the class for you! Pyjama trousers are the PERFECT first dressmaking project, as they're easy to sew, easy to fit and super easy to wear.
- During the course you will use a simple Pyjama pattern to make up your trousers in your own choice of fabric.
- You will need to bring along 2.5 metres of fabric to make your trousers. plus 1.5 metres of ribbon for the waist, and if you have an unusual colour fabric, then get some thread to match.
- Use of All tools and equipment including the pattern, is included in your class fee
- Learn how to lay pattern pieces correctly on your fabric and understand all the pattern markings including grainlines and notches
- Learn how to lengthen and shorten pattern pieces
- Learn how to attach a waistband and insert buttonholes.
Save This Event
When & Where
The Thrifty Stitcher
Claire-Louise Hardie is the Sewing Producer to "The Great British Sewing Bee" and Author of "The Great British Sewing Bee- Fashion with Fabric" She's also a professional Costumier and Guest presenter on Create and Craft TV. We offer small sized, friendly sewing classes and courses in Stoke Newington North London.
Our mission is to de-mystify the art of sewing and clothes making, showing you just how easy and fun it can be. We offer a range of contemporary sewing classes, suitable for adults at all levels. Fitting is our passion, and we love to helping students make clothes that fit.
Come and be inspired at our lovely working studio, and leave with a passion for sewing