San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Youth Organisations Wolverhampton and Wolverhampton Adult Education Service have combined their resources to offer free, nationally recognised training in youth work* for any staff already involved in delivering voluntary or paid youth work with an organisation or group in Wolverhampton.
The Level 2 NOCN Award in Youth Work Practice will now run as follows:
- on: every Tuesday evening from 11th Oct for 20 weeks (except school holidays) finishing on Tues 21st March 2017.
- from: 6:00 - 9:00pm
- at: Wolverhampton Adult Education Service, Old Hall Street, WV1 3AU
In order for you /your staff (paid and voluntary) to take part in and benefit from this training, your organisation must sponsor and support your/their involvement by:
- endorsing and supporting the application
- encouraging and supporting you/them to attend every week throughout the 20 weeks
- providing you/them with a placement where they can put into practice what you/they are learning on the course
- helping you/them to undertake and document any practical assignments you/they are asked to undertake (normally a short write up and supporting evidence e.g. photographs, video etc)
Places are limited so please make sure that you / the staff you approach are really engaged in delivering youth work, have the necessary staying power to complete a course of up to 20 weeks, and are committed to working for you after you / they have completed the course - this course is not open to individuals just wanting to add to their CV, but is all about increasing the skill level of those already engaged in, and wanting to continue to be engaged in, youth work in the city.
Depending on demand, we may have to limit the number of places for staff from any single organisation. If this is the case, you will be asked to make a decision about who you would most like to do the course for the benefit of your organisation.
You / your staff are asked to register their interest by clicking on the 'Register' button above. Those registering their interest will be informed if they have been allocated a place by 4pm on Thursday 6th October 016..
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Stephen Dodd on 01902 328985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Large voluntary organisations may be asked to make a contribution to the costs of any places allocated to their staff, as the funding for this course is to ensure small organisations with little or no budget / capacity around workforce development are able to access training. Contact Stephen for more info. Priority for places will be given to smaller organisations and those involved in the HeadStart Consortium.