**Literary Ministry Seminar 2012**
(with English Writers' Retreat)
Writers: Sunday 24 June to Saturday 30 June (one week)
Editors and proofreaders: Friday 29 & Saturday 30 June (2 days)
Graphic designers: Friday 29 & Saturday 30 June (2 days)
(Please note: we encourage attendees to stay for Sabbath service on Saturday 30 June)
**Part-timers are welcome!**
True Jesus Church, 5 Granville Road, Leicester, United Kingdom, LE1 7RU
To promote the literary ministry by training new writers, editors, proofreaders and graphic designers and further strengthening the skills of those who are already contributing to this ministry.
Participants of the EWR will be able to retreat from their busy lives to focus on writing for the church, with the option of attending a workshop for editing/proofreading or graphic design (please indicate this in your registration).
The Editors/Proofreaders and Graphic Design workshops are specifically aimed for those interested in either areas and to give insight to their contribution in the ministry.
- Writers will attend the usual one-week English Writers' Retreat where sessions will address the importance of literary ministry, develop and sharpen writing skills, and have the opportunity to collaborate and discuss your ideas with fellow writers.
The retreat will focus two projects:
- Devotionals: to create short and vivid articles (300-350 words), inspired by biblical teachings and applicable to daily life, to inspire contemplation, deepened conviction, and motivate ongoing spiritual nurture in the faith of believers
- Full-length articles: to write an article from a chosen article genre - Testimony, Christian Living, and Bible Study - and have peer-editing and feedback sessions
- Editors and proofreaders will have a one-day training session with an experienced editor to learn about their role in the publication process, and have discussions and group work to understand the work involved.
The class will focus on:
- Key points from the TJC Style Guide
- Working with translated texts
- Graphic designers will also have a one-day training session with a professional graphic designer. A copy of the Adobe CS5 InDesign will be required for attendees of this class.
The class will focus on:
- Brief introduction to Indesign (depending on the level of the attendee)
- TJC logo/artwork usage guidelines
- where to get inspiration
- How to apply content into the current templates we have, e.g. books, newsletters and possibly Whispering Hope
- Current and upcoming DLM projects
WHAT TO BRING:
- Concordance (if you have one)
- Handouts (if provided)
- Downloaded software (if indicated)
TRANSPORTATION & ARRIVALS:
- Flights into East Midlands Airport (EMA) - http://www.eastmidlandsairport.com/emaweb.nsf
- Trains to Leicester train station
If you require pick-up and drop-off from and to the airport and train station, please indicate this in your registration.
Have you made up your mind yet? Really want to attend and are free on the dates? Intrigued, but not sure?
Even if you're unsure whether you can attend, register first so we can make a note of your interest as once registration closes, you will not be able to register. If after registration you change your mind, we can then unregister you.
For more information that we've not covered here, please email us at email@example.com and we'll get straight back to you.
Sign up, and play your part in the literary ministry of the True Jesus Church!