Local Social Summit: “Connecting with Consumers where Local meets Social”
Since last year's ground-breaking Local Social Summit everything has accelerated. Local and social, aligned in offline word of mouth, have become increasingly intertwined in the digital world. The rise of smartphones and the ability to lead consumers from search to the point of sale is creating new opportunities and a new sense urgency for local media incumbents and insurgents alike.
Throughout the digital ecosystem marketers, developers and publishers are now in a mad dash to respond to a market in flux and capture their piece of the multi-billion dollar local opportunity.
Please join us at Local Social Summit 2010 as we once again explore the Local Social intersection.
- Date: Thurstday, 18th November 2010 – 08.00-19.00 (sessions 9am-6pm)
- Venue: Wallacespace St. Pancras, 22 Duke's Road, WC1H 9PN London, United Kingdom
- Format: Keynotes, Interactive Panels and Networking Sessions
- Contact: email@example.com
- Event site: http://www.localsocialsummit.com/
- Included: breakfast, lunch, refreshments and drinks networking reception.
- Agenda at a Glance -
- Opening Keynote: The Local Social Paradigm Shift
- Fireside Chat with Mark Canon, Deputy CEO of Yell UK
- What, Where and now When? Time and Local Search
- Refining the blunt instrument of GroupOn
- Facebook as business partner – the pros and cons of integrating Facebook deep in your business strategy
- Nosey neighbours and norming: Getting ready for the local privacy debate
- Decoding Digital Friendships in 2010
- Mobile gets Localised: Real-Time Search and Commerce
- Facebook and Local. Will Facebook do for Local what it did for Games?
- The Local Content Challenge: Making Wine from Water
- The Rise of the Super SMBs (case studies)
Plus Our Lab:
- The Perfect Local Media Company in 2014 (lab)
- Greg Sterling, Search Engine Land & Internet2Go
- Sebastien Provencher, VP Product Mgt & Co-Founder Praized Media
- Perry Evans, CEO Closely
- Neal Polacheck, President BIA/Kelsey
- Mark Canon, Deputy CEO of Yell UK
- Meagan Marks, VP Wonga & Angel Investor
- Tom Allason, CEO Shutl
- Brad Liebmann, CEO Geocast
- Dean Fankhauser, Co-Founder Nuji
- Gilles Barbier, CEO Tellmewhere
- Rasmus Møller-Nielsen, CEO Komfo
- Simon Baptist, European Directories/Local Social Summit
- Antony Mayfield, Author of "Me and My Web Shadow: How to Manage Your Reputation Online" & SVP iCrossing
- Robin Allenson, InnerBallons
- Dave Ingram, Founder Brownbook
- Doyal Bryant, CEO Universal Business Listings
- Michael Mokhberi, CEO Apptus
- Dylan Fuller, eBay/Local Social Summit
- Stephen Leighton, Has Bean Coffee
- Daniel Young, Young & Foodish
- The Hawksmoor
Full agenda is HERE or please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotel: For special event hotel rates please contact my hotel Bloomsbury.
My Hotel: 11-13 Bayley Street, Bedford Square, London WC1B 3HD, UK
Ask for Michelle Ho and remember to mention wallacespace (not Local Social) to receive
the corporate rates!
telephone +44 (0) 20 3004 6000
fax +44 (0) 20 3004 6044
When & Where
Local Social Labs Ltd
Local Social Summit (LSS) is an independent event for knowledge sharing and networking that explores the intersection of Local, Social and Mobile. We strive to educate and inspire with a focus on the cutting edge by showcasing emerging trends and key insights at the intersection of Local, Social and Mobile. LSS is designed for a wide spectrum of SoLoMo stakeholders, including publishers, advertisers, start-ups, app creators, technology companies and investors.
We produce an annual summit evey November. In addition, we run world-class training seminars, participate in Social Media Week and publish occasional industry report - which can be found on Slideshare. We also have a "Local Labs" initiative where we constantly experiment and run SoLoMo campaigns for SMBs to see what really works.
Past LSS events have attracted involvement from a wide range of sectors, including: academics, agencies, analysts, directories, mobile, newspapers, pureplays, retailers, startups, telecoms and TV.
Previous attendees have included people from: the BBC, Burger King, Deutsche Telekom, eBay, Eniro, European Directories, Foursquare, Google, ITV, Microsoft, Northcliffe Media, Nokia, Nomura, Ogilvy Interactive, Oxford Internet Institute, Qype, Schibsted, Swisscom, Touch Local, Yahoo, Yell, Yelp and many more.
With 60% of participants at the Executive Decision Making level with titles like: CEO, CTO, CXO, Managing Director, General Manager, Senior Vice President and/or Founder.
LSS is organised by Local Social Labs Ltd, which is based in London.