Local Social Summit 2011: “Exploring the Intersection of Local and Social Media"
We are in the midst of a dramatic Local transformation, enabled by Mobile and Social Media. This shift is changing the way we communicate and connect with each other and Local businesses.
For the third year running, Local Social Summit stands boldly at this intersection bringing together thought leaders to understand this shift and realise the opportunity it brings.
Come join us on the 9th and 10th November at Local Social Summit 2011.
- Dates: Wednesday, 9th and Thursday, 10th November 2011*
- Venue: Wallacespace St. Pancras, 22 Duke's Road, WC1H 9PN London, United Kingdom
- Format: Keynotes, Interactive Panels, Science and Networking Sessions
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Event site: http://www.localsocialsummit.com/
- Included: breakfast, lunch, refreshments and drinks networking reception.
+Key themes for LSS 2011+
- Search vs. Social
- The Daily Deals Space
- Real Time Web
- Super Social Business – Field Studies 2011
- Can Social Media Be Outsourced?
- The Changing Landscape of Local Data
- The Science of Social Media series
- Innovation in Local Social Mobile Apps
- Big Brands Going Local Social
- The Digital Olympics
- Social Network Analysis of Facebook Data
+Confirmed speakers include+
- Asaf Rozin, Co-Founder & CEO of Stampfeet
- Ben Hopkins, Co-Founder Naked Wines
- Dr Bernie Hogan, Research Fellow, Oxford Internet Institute
- Daniel Young, Young & Foodish
- David Ambrose, Mobile Lead Travelzoo
- Dennis Yu, CEO Blitzlocal
- Duncan Ogle-Skan, Director EMO Local
- Eric Partaker, Co-Founder Chilango
- Grant Muckle, Managing Director, I Spy Labs/Upcast Social
- Greg Sterling, Search Engine Land & Internet2Go
- Jonathan Ewert, President and CEO of Codero
- Justin Sanger, CEO & Founder JoinHere
- Dr Marc Smith, Director of the Social Media Research Foundation
- Michael Borras, Co-founder and CEO of Tupalo
- Michael Oschmann, CEO Mueller-Medien
- Miriam Warren, VP Europe at Yelp
- Mike Weston, GM & SVP Europe at Lyris
- Omid Ashtari, Director of Business Development at Foursquare
- Perry Evans, CEO Closely
- Phil Leggetter, Developer Evangelist Pusher
- Robin Allenson, Founder InnerBalloons
- Ryan Mac Jones, Founder We&Co
- Sebastien Provencher, VP Product Mgt & Co-Founder Needium
- Simon Greenman, Group Managing Director European Directories
- Stefano Diemmi, Managing Director, Proximitips/Buongiorno
- Stephen Leighton, Founder Has Bean Coffee
- Tim Plyming, Digital & Editor Live Sites, BBC
- Dylan Fuller, eBay and Founding Partner, Local Social Summit
- Simon Baptist, European Directories and Founding Partner, Local Social Summit
You can find the latest programme HERE. Please email email@example.com if you want to get involved.
Confirmed companies attending will include: BBC, Blitzlocal, Blurb, Chilango, Closely, Decarta, Deutsche Telekom, eBay, Foursquare, EMO Local, European Directories, Google, InfoHubble, InnerBalloons, JoinHere, Lyris, Mueller-Medien, Naked Wines, NDS, Oxford Internet Institue, Search Engine Land, Seat Pagine Gialle, Social Media Research Foundation, The Toronto Star (Torstar Corp), Travelzoo, We&Co and Yelp.
When & Where
Local Social Labs Ltd
Local Social Summit (LSS) is an independent event for knowledge sharing and networking that explores the intersection of Local, Social and Mobile. We strive to educate and inspire with a focus on the cutting edge by showcasing emerging trends and key insights at the intersection of Local, Social and Mobile. LSS is designed for a wide spectrum of SoLoMo stakeholders, including publishers, advertisers, start-ups, app creators, technology companies and investors.
We produce an annual summit evey November. In addition, we run world-class training seminars, participate in Social Media Week and publish occasional industry report - which can be found on Slideshare. We also have a "Local Labs" initiative where we constantly experiment and run SoLoMo campaigns for SMBs to see what really works.
Past LSS events have attracted involvement from a wide range of sectors, including: academics, agencies, analysts, directories, mobile, newspapers, pureplays, retailers, startups, telecoms and TV.
Previous attendees have included people from: the BBC, Burger King, Deutsche Telekom, eBay, Eniro, European Directories, Foursquare, Google, ITV, Microsoft, Northcliffe Media, Nokia, Nomura, Ogilvy Interactive, Oxford Internet Institute, Qype, Schibsted, Swisscom, Touch Local, Yahoo, Yell, Yelp and many more.
With 60% of participants at the Executive Decision Making level with titles like: CEO, CTO, CXO, Managing Director, General Manager, Senior Vice President and/or Founder.
LSS is organised by Local Social Labs Ltd, which is based in London.