London Intranet show & tell: Intranet Search
Thursday, December 2, 2010 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (GMT)
Calling all intranet professionals:
London Intranet show & tell is a chance to come out from behind your firewall and discuss your work with your peers. Whether you are an information architect, user experience professional, content strategist, designer or developer, we want you to join in.
Tonight's topic is Intranet Search - for some the powerhouse connecting people and information, for others the forgotten family member.
Show & Tell
Talk about the problems you're facing, or perhaps how you've resolved them. Use this informal setting to find out other intranet professionals' perspectives on your problems. Please contact the organisers or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tyler Tate: Handling Diverse Data
- Luke Oatham: Google Search Appliance at the Ministry of Justice
- Martin White: How to Benchmark Search Performance
- Tom Mortimer: Implementing ACLs in an open source search solution
- more to be confirmed
- Have something to show, want to challenge the attendees? Please let us know.
The event is extremely interactive, be prepared to join in and share your views.
- Each presentation should be no more than 10 minutes
- Each will be followed by a short discussion including Q&A
- We want to see real life problems and solutions, not self-promotion
- Unless we have your explicit permission, all material will be treated as confidential and will not be circulated
The event's hashtag will be #intraSearch