LOPO London 3 - 23rd February
Thursday, 23 February 2012 from 18:30 to 22:30 (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Update on 9th Feb. LOPO remains ever popular and initial places gone almost immediately. More places released.
After the success of London LOPO 2 in January, and due to popular demand we're ploughing straight on with London LOPO 3; same venue and, we hope, much of the same vibe. (Again apologies if you're not in London - we will address the mailing list issues when we have our new web-space sorted).
We listened hard at the last meeting (and those of you that have been in touch since) and we'll be trying a new meeting format including a slightly different room set up, easier ways to capture ideas and input, along with some other 'serendipity tools'.
Similar to the last meeting we'll have
- a short update on the progress of LOPO (there is some good news on developing a web space for us and the launching of other LOPO chapters)
- some updates from LOPO-launched projects
- a place for new projects (or ongoing projects looking for fresh input) to get LOPOists thinking for them - using the new format.
As before we're meeting upstairs at The Green Pub and Dining Room in Clerkenwell (Farringdon Tube and Rail). You can find a map below and the pub's website is here.
So come down to:
- propose projects (do think about something you'd like to kick off)
- get help with projects you have ongoing
- or see if you have anything to offer projects presented - so many people have found this a great way to do something positive already.
As always it's an opportunity to bump into people who want to make the world better - it's all about serendipty and the meeting of minds...
Mark, Tom & Fiona
When & Where
League of Pragmatic Optimists
The League of Pragmatic Optimists (or LOPO) is a meeting place in cities and towns across the globe where people who want to make the world better can meet, generate ideas and projects, get inspiration (and a recharge), find collaborators and get their neurons tickled in the cause of improving the story of humanity.
We have eight core principles
● An unashamed optimism of ambition about the future
● A pragmatic focus. Chapters meet to help people do, not just talk. (Or to put it another way, if you’re a mouth on legs you probably won’t be invited back)
● Members involve themselves in projects that are ‘bigger than me’
● There is a strong belief that ideas become more powerful when they are shared, not protected
● Your stories and opinions are nice, but your evidence is better
● Making mistakes is OK, but not trying is irresponsible
● Members strive to police their own cynicism
● LOPO is a-political. All stripes welcome but we don't come to promote our stripes.