Mastering Social Media for Sustained Business Growth (Late Summer)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
MASTERING SOCIAL MEDIA FOR SUSTAINED BUSINESS GROWTH
The Social Media (SM) revolution presents major opportunities for Scottish based companies, especially those wishing to expand internationally. To fully leverage these opportunities, a ‘business first’ approach is required.
‘Mastering Social Media’ will ensure that your future SM activities are fully aligned with and supportive of agreed business goals and objectives. The knowledge and skills gained from the Programme will ensure that your Social Media Strategy produces real business benefits and high Return on Investment (ROI).
On completion of the programme you will have:
- Developed a clear social media vision and strategy for your organisation
- Agreed the key business objectives, goals and targets to be achieved
- Identified the social media actions and initiatives you need to take and an ‘Action Plan’ for getting there
- Fully aligned your social media strategy to support core business goals and objectives
- Agreed the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), metrics and analytics to be used in measuring social media performance, business impact and ROI
- Ensured that all key success factors have been considered, especially the organisation, people and resource aspects critical to successful social media implementation
- Become part of an online mutual support and e-learning community
- Attendance at three one-day workshops.
- Use of our innovative ‘Social Media Toolkit’ to develop, implement and performance manage a successful social media strategy for your own organisation
- One-to-one advice and support from the Programme Experts delivered through the e-learning resource centre
- An informal follow-up session 3 months after Programme end to ensure successful implementation and ROI
Workshop 1 - ‘The Foundations’
Overview of social media, growth, size, features, characteristics, do’s and dont’s; the new ‘mindset’ and performance measures required; business benefits of social media; case examples of successful practice; ‘social media planning pays’
Using the ‘Social Media Toolkit’, you will undertake a detailed external analysis of your social media landscape identifying where the major opportunities exist for your business; an internal analysis of progress made and your ‘readiness to engage’.
Workshop 2 ‘Strategy Development’
Using the ‘Toolkit’, you will agree the social media vision and strategy for your company; the key objectives and targets to be achieved; KPIs; customer segmentation; the key social media actions and initiatives to take; organisational, people and resource issues.
Workshop 3 ‘Implementation and Performance Measurement’
Using the ‘Toolkit’, you will develop Strategic Action Plans for priority social media channels (e.g. facebook, linkedin, twitter, youtube etc) and an agreed performance measurement system for monitoring on-going business impact and ROI
£1,200 (plus VAT) per attendee - includes attendance at the three workshops, lunch/refreshments, full access to the e-learning material, all course notes, ‘1-to-1’ online advice and 3 month follow-up session. Training Grants of between 50 and 80 per cent are available to eligible companies. The programme is also available on an in-company basis - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The ‘Mastering Social Media for Sustained Business Growth Programme’ is presented and facilitated by Dr Jim Hamill and Alan Stevenson, both internationally renowned experts in this area.
Dr Jim Hamill, BA (Hons), PhD www.linkedin.com/in/drjimhamill
A Web 2.0/Social Media evangelist, academic, author, consultant and executive educator, Jim has successfully delivered on a broad range of consultancy assignments around the World. He has held Visiting Professorships or delivered Senior Executive Programmes in the US, Singapore, Hong-Kong, Malaysia, China, Norway, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, France, Iceland, Malta, Russia and the UAE. Author of several books and numerous papers, he is a fully accredited EU ICT/e-Business Expert.
Alan Stevenson, BSc (Hons), Msc http://uk.linkedin.com/in/ast3v3nson
With over 10 years experience working at the ‘coalface’ of e-business developments in the UK and internationally, Alan is internationally recognised as an expert in Social Media Strategy Development, Performance Monitoring and Analytics. He has developed and implemented successful social media strategies for a wide range of organisations and is a Visiting Lecturer in e-marketing/social media at the University of Strathclyde and an EU approved management consultant.
Register Your Interest to Attend
Because of the high level of ‘1-to1’ support provided, numbers are very limited. You can 'Register Your Interest to Attend' on this site. We will then contact you to discuss details. Payment will be by Invoice and must be received prior to the first workshop.
Please note, attendance at all three Programme Workshops is strongly advised - provisional dates are the 30th of August, 6th of September and 13th of September, 2012, 9.30am to 4.00pm. If you can't make some of these dates please do still Register your Interest. We may run a number of parallel sessions depending on numbers. At the moment, the venue will be a Glasgow City Centre location. However, we will be flexible on this depending on the geographic spread of those wishing to attend.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions at this stage.
Jim and Alan