May's Esc Wednesday: Tom Vernon - Right to Dream
London, United Kingdom
We’ve got a really exciting evening planned for May's Esc Wednesday.
Our speaker is Tom Vernon – founder of Right to Dream.
The Right to Dream Academy was founded in Ghana in 1999 to offer talented, underprivileged African children the opportunity to reach their true potential in life through sport, education, personal and leadership development in order to claim a better future for Africa.
Please join us:
- Buy your ticket here.
- Send us a question for Tom: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do do this – makes for a great Q&A)
Tom Vernon is the Founder and Director of the Right to Dream Academy in Ghana.
At the age of nineteen, Tom came to Ghana and was inspired by the people he met, particularly the many children whose passion and enthusiasm for sport and their dedication to bettering themselves through sport and education once given the opportunity, was clearly evident.
Tom has a detailed knowledge and understanding of Africa in relation to sport, business development and how sport and education can be successfully combined and used to assist with positive social development.
5 reasons to come…
- You want to hear the founding story of Right to Dream and how you could get involved in their exciting growth plans
- You want to learn more about the links between sport and social development in Africa
- You might be considering starting your own social enterprise and would like to pick up some hints and tips
- You would like to meet some like-minded people in a friendly and informal atmosphere.
- You want to hear more about Escape the City and want to come and have a chat with the founders Dom & Rob.
Details, details, details:
- Date: Wednesday 11th May.
- Kick-off: Bar opens 6 pm, talk starts between 7.30 and 8 pm
- Venue: Adam Street Club - 9 Adam Street, The Strand ,WC2N 6AA
- Directions: Nearest tubes: Embankment / Charing Cross.
- Food: Food will be able to order from the bar menu.
- Closing Time: The bar closes at 1 am. Definitely stay for a drink!
- Capacity: 80 people.
- Cost: £5 buy your ticket here.
- More: What is an Esc Wednesday?
9 Adam Street
WC2N 6AA London
Escape the City - The Escape School
The Escape School is Escape the City's events arm.
We put on courses, events and meetups aimed at educating and empowering corporate professionals for alternative career paths, entrepreneurialism and adventure.
There is so much rubbish career and startup advice out there. So many unhelpful myths. We are building the Escape School to teach what we wish we’d learnt back in 2009 when we were stuck… sitting glumly on the Tube wondering how on earth to get out.
If Escape the City is a community that helps corporate professionals ‘do something different’ then the Escape School is where we engage closely with you (in the real world). It has been founded with one single objective: to help you grapple with that huge, scary, unmanageable yet exciting question: “What Next?"