Join us and our keynote speaker the Rt Hon Ed Vaizey MP, Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries who will explain why the UK is even more attractive as a hub for the media, tech and creative industries as a result of the new tax and other incentives in the budget on the 20th March 2013.
We also have two panel sessions including an interesting mix of industry experts, entrepreneurs and financiers who will share their experiences of doing business in the UK and the USA, they are:
- Saul Klein (Partner, Index Ventures, Founder LoveFilm & SeedCamp)
- Rowland DeSilva (Co-Founder, DeSilva+Phillips)
- D J Collins (Head of European Communications, Google Europe)
- Hugh Chappell (Founder, TrustedReviews.com, Executive Chairman, Lovestruck.com)
- Lorraine Heggessey (Executive Chair, Boom Pictures)
- Ben Southworth (Deputy CEO, TCIO)
- Paul Robinson (Media journalist and consultant: BBC & Guardian)
- Pippa Lambert (Head of TV London, ICM)
- Yifat Fouchs (MD, Screenz Europe)
- Sean Seton-Rogers (Founding General Partner, PROFounders Capital)
It promises to be a forum for informative, lively discussion, followed by lunch.
We are grateful to our partners for their roles in helping to organise the event:
Tech City Investment Organisation (www.techcityuk.com)
DeSilva+Philips (New York Based Media Investment Bank) (http://www.desilvaphillips.com/)
When & Where
Cavendish Corporate Finance
Cavendish Corporate Finance is the UK’s leading independent firm advising exclusively on sell side M&A.
Founded in 1988, we have advised on some 400 company sales with an aggregate value in excess of £3 billion.
Our clients include private companies, financial institutions and fully listed public companies with typical transactions falling broadly within the £10 million to £200 million 'mid-market' value range.
Cavendish is unique in that it has only ever acted for vendors of businesses and as a result has built up an unrivalled specialist expertise in managing the company sale process. We never face the potential conflicts of interest experienced by most other firms, who advise both purchasers and vendors.
Cavendish is a member of M&A International Inc., the world's leading alliance of specialist mergers and acquisitions advisors and investment banking firms. M&A International Inc. offers the unparalleled, global resources of over 500 M&A professionals operating in every major financial center of the world.