San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Description of event:
The 10 Steps Employer Toolkit is an online interactive site offering employers advice, resources and case studies for good practice on supporting mental health in the workplace. The Toolkit was created by Leeds Mind and Digital Agency Yoomee as part of the Mindful Employer Leeds Initiative to help employers engage, educate and embed positive mental health practices in their workplace. In this session Mindful Employer Leeds Coordinator Hannah Patten will go through the 10 Step Toolkit with CIPD group members. The toolkit responsive to all devices and WIFI is available at DeLacey House therefore attendees would be able to access the steps and resources live.
- Practical introduction to the 10 Steps Employer Toolkit
- Test the online resource live with guidance and support from Mindful Employer, Leeds Mind. Members to bring any devices (smart phones, tablets, laptops etc.)
- Investigate the steps and online resources
- Discuss how to engage, educate and embed good practice around mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Q&A: Evaluate and Feedback
- Members to know where to find the resource
- Members to know how to navigate around the resource
- Members to know the 10 steps and 3 areas of engage, educate and embed.
- Members to discuss potential of the resource and likelihood of use
- Members to feedback any observations, suggestions, requests
Who would benefit from attending?:
Any Employer who would like to use Mindful Employer’s online resource ‘10 Steps Employer Toolkit’ to engage, educate and embed good practice and positivity around mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Brief speaker/company profile:
Hannah Patten, Mindful Employer Coordinator, Leeds Mind
Hannah has recently joined the Leeds Mind team as the Leeds Coordinator for MINDFUL EMPLOYER. Since graduating from Leeds University in 2010, Hannah has worked in a variety of sectors such as Media, Business and Higher Education; supporting businesses in their development, events, marketing and recruitment. She is now looking forward to applying her skills to the Third Sector and working to strengthen the Mindful Employer Network in Leeds; supporting employers to be positive about mental health in the workplace.
Outside of work, Hannah maintains her mental and physical health through arts & crafts, hiking, swimming, cycling and gardening.
MINDFUL EMPLOYER was launched in 2004 by employers in Exeter. It has since developed throughout the UK and recently launched in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Developed by employers, for employers, the MINDFUL EMPLOYER initiative promotes positive practice around mental health in the workplace. There are now more than 1,400 organisations who have at some point been signatories of the MINDFUL EMPLOYER charter in the UK, with up to 1.4 million people working for an organisation that has signed the Charter for Employers who are Positive About Mental Health.
Leeds Mind/WorkPlace Leeds has a 20-year track record of supporting employers in the city to promote positive mental health at work. The charity is also the lead partner for MINDFUL EMPLOYER in Leeds (since 2012). As lead partners, we:
- Offer advice and guidance to employers on good practice around mental health in the workplace.
- Coordinate the
- Advise on locally available mental health-focused through Leeds Mind and recommended organisations
- Provide a link between the that’s available locally and the managers and employees who are likely to benefit
- Support employers to sign the MINDFUL EMPLOYER .