Microsoft IMAGINE CUP - South event
Friday, 15 February 2013 at 17:00 - Sunday, 17 February 2013 at 19:00 (GMT)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Do you have an idea for an app that could change someone's life or put a smile on their face? Then join the Imagine Cup South's hackathon starting on 15th February for 48 hours.
Do you have an innovative idea for a new mobile app?
If so, come and join our weekend-long hackathon and you could stand a chance of scooping a $50K prize.
Microsoft’s Imagine Cup is the world’s most prestigious student technology competition, bringing together student innovators from all over the world. If you have a great idea for a new mobile app, bring it to life through Imagine Cup.
Kicking off with a networking openMIC event at 9.30am on Friday 15th February, your team will then have 48-hours to develop your app whilst remaining on-site. Food and drink will be provided throughout.
Who can take part
Your app must fall into the following categories:
- World Citizenship: Make an app that could change someone’s life. Pick your cause: the environment, education, health, you name it. Use technology as an agent of change.
- Games: Put a smile on the face of the world. Make the next great game and see people playing it all around you on console, PC, phone, slate – wherever people play games.
- Innovation: Reinvent social networks. Transform online shopping. Experience music in a new way. Do something amazing with GPS. It’s time to take that crazy idea of yours and ship it!
- The Windows 8 App Challenge will test a team’s ability to design and build a Windows Store app that takes advantage of Windows 8 features and design principles to deliver an exceptional experience on the platform.
- The Windows Phone Challenge is seeking the best apps that feature startling functionality and device-focused utility, combined with a delightful Windows Phone user experience.
- The Windows Azure Challenge is about getting your team started on the “next big thing” by leveraging Azure platform features to build a great web application.
We will be selecting 3 teams from this regional competition to go through to the UK final.
- Early April: UK Final- where the winners from each region will come together to compete against each other (by doing a pitch on their app, showcasing their app, answering questions in front of a panel) in order to win the one spot we have to take the winning team the World Wide Finals.
- July 8th-12th: World Wide Finals in St Petersburg
Like the Imagine Cup South Facebook page to stay up to date with the latest news.
For each competition:
- First Place: $50,000 (USD)
- Second Place: $10,000 (USD)
- Third Place: $5,000 (USD)
And each challenge:
- First Place: $10,000 (USD)
- Second Place: $5,000 (USD)
- Third Place: $3,000 (USD)
Since Imagine Cup began in 2003, more than one million students from more than 180 countries have signed up. When you join the Imagine Cup community, you’ll be able to communicate with students from all over the world to share ideas, have fun, and be there when the ‘Next Big Thing’ is unveiled, that’s if you aren’t the one unveiling it!
When & Where
Hannah Barton, Guild President
Hannah Barton, Guild President