Mitch Altman @ Build Brighton
Sunday, 12 May 2013 from 12:00 to 16:00
Brighton, United Kingdom
Learn to solder with Mitch Altman - the celebrated hacker, inventor, and co-founder of the amazing Noisebridge hackspace in San Francisco.
Anyone can learn to solder! Even if you have never made anything in your life, you can learn this very useful and enjoyable skill. It really is fun! Mitch has taught tens of thousands of people to solder all around the world, and he can teach you, too! Add yourself to the ever increasing community!
Mitch will be bringing kits to make cool, practical, intriguing, hackable things that you can take home with you. We'll have room for around 20 people to put together kits under Mitch's instruction, but there's plenty more space for folk to come down, meet Mitch and maybe pick up some kits to take away with you!
Plenty of cool kits are available to make, including:
- TV-B-Gone (turn off TVs in public places!)
- "Hello My Name Is" badge (flashing LED namebadge!)
- Brain Machine (Meditate, Hallucinate, and Trip Out!)
- Mignonette Game (make your own handheld game console!)
- Trippy RGB Waves (interactive blinky lights!)
- LEDcube (animated 3D cube!)
- MiniPOV (write messages in the air!)
- MintyBoost (charge your USB enabled gadgets!)
- BoArduino (make your own fully functional Arduino -- for solderless breadboards!)
- Diavolino (make your own shield-compatible Arduino!)
- Open Heart (animate fun patterns in the shape of a heart!)
- Atari Punk Console (make cool noise from an Altoids tin!)
- Drawdio (make noise by drawing lines with this pencil!)
- LoL Shield (Lots of LEDs! for your Arduino!)
- microcontroller programmer (USBtinyISP) (program all your AVR family chips!)
- And more.
Kit prices range from £10 to £20 and are suitable for all ages and skill levels.
When & Where
Build Brighton Hackspace
We have a 1300 sqft warehouse that members can use 24x7 to realise their designs, and socialise with like-minded folk.
We are a not-for-profit community and all subscriptions go towards paying for the space and providing equipment, amenities and assets for the group.