The aim of this event is:
To introduce participants to the CIPD Learning & Development Group and to provide insights and practice in the skills & behaviours needed for successful networking.
At the end of this short session it is expected that participants will:
- Have had the opportunity to network with other participants and members of the L & D team.
- Know how to turn networking contacts into productive relationships.
- Know how to prepare for any networking opportunity.
- Understand and be able to use effective networking tools & behaviour.
- Have increased confidence in face to face networking.
- Have shared experiences in using social media as a networking tool.
- Appreciate the differences between internal and external networking.
This session will be led by:
Richard Thomson, Senior Partner at TW Associates. Richard is an author and facilitator and has spent over twenty five years designing and delivering high quality management development activities for organisations in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. He is an experienced networker and has run many networking events as well and training groups in networking skills.
This event is hosted by The Edinburgh Training Centre.
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.
When & Where
CIPD South East Scotland Branch
Welcome to the South East of Scotland branch events page.
We have over 2400 members in the Edinburgh, Lothians and Borders areas and run a varied programme of events from September to May.
The branch has a range of special interest and geographical groups including Learning and Development, Mediation, HR Systems, Knowledge into Practice, Borders and West Lothian, and offers CPD and upgrading support and a mentoring programme.
We hope you will find something of interest to support your professional development and we look forward to welcoming you to an event soon.