Nottingham Women's Conference 2013
Saturday, 21 September 2013 from 09:15 to 16:45 (BST)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
The Nottingham Women’s Conference 2013 aims to bring together women in Nottingham and the surrounding areas to look at ways forward on some of the key issues facing women today, such as:
- The objectification of women
- Violence against women and girls
- Women, power and poverty
We are firm in our belief that women and girls are facing an ever increasing attack on their rights, which needs not only to be challenged, but to be stopped. It is for this reason that we have decided to act and try to engage women from all backgrounds to stand up, debate and demand their fundamental rights.
We want the conference to promote new ways of thinking about women’s rights and to provide an opportunity for networking and most importantly to reach women who ordinarily would not consider themselves as a feminist.
- To support feminists (old and new!) to come together to network, strengthen connections and create joined up actions for greater impact
- To promote new ways of thinking on the issues affecting women today, tapping into ‘what works’ elsewhere and disemminating information about inspiring and successful campaigns
- To inspire, skill up and motivate to act!
The conference is being organised by a collective of women under the banner of the Nottingham Feminist Action Network, with support from Nottingham Women’s Centre. We have no budget but we are passionate about what we want to achieve.