San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Designed for: Social Care staff who come into contact with people who use NPS (legal highs) and their families
- Have the ability to recall current trends and the prevalence of novel psychoactive substances and emerging trends
- Have the ability to name the typical effects and side effects of the key substances in use
- Have the ability to identify available treatment options, useful techniques and strategies to work with users including harm reduction
Evaluation methods: Staff learning forms
Policy & Legislation:
- Rights and Safety Policy
- Accident & incident Reporting
- Sharps Injury
- Health & Safety Policy
- Aberdeen City ADP Drug Strategy 2011-2021
- The Road to Recovery: A New Approach to Tackling Scotland's Drug Problem (Scottish Government)
- Psychoactive Substances Act 2016
- Managing relationships: Empowering people; working in partnership; leadership; empathy.
- Managing self: awareness of impact on others; Awareness of wider context.
Save This Event
When & Where
Bon Accord Care Learning and Development Team
Learning & Development
Our experienced and expert team have a unique understanding of the health and social care sector to provide quality training that is timely, value for money, easily accessible and meets a range of different learning styles to ensure a skilled workforce, aligned to your business requirements.
Bespoke Training Solutions
Our skilled and experienced team will work with you to understand your unique development needs and define your goals before setting about creating a training programme that is tailored to suit you. We believe that a blended learning approach is best, using E-learning and classroom based or face-to-face training to offer you a complete and effective learning experience.
By investing in skills development of your team you can expect to drive longer term, sustainable change to motivate and retain the best talent and raise standards of service provision; we are here to help you get there.
Need to train employees in various locations at their own pace? Our E-learning courses can be deployed via your own learning management system (LMS), CD-ROMs or hosted on your own website; offering the same learning with less time in the classroom, and more time gaining the practical skills on a face to face workshop.
With a comprehensive library of courses to choose from, such as Food Hygiene, Infection Control, we will work with you to design relevant training that suits your employee's needs, your company culture and your business goals.
If you have any questions about any of the courses we run, please contact us on 01224 627825 or email us at LandD@bonaccordcare.org.