A free, public event
- Why you should prototype using Luke Wroblewski's Mobile First approach
- When and how you should use Balsamiq for prototyping
- When and how you should use Axure for prototyping
- The presentation will be followed by comments & questions
- Twitter hashtag is #nuxuk
- nux website is northern-user-experience.org
If you reserve a ticket and turn up on the night, we will be giving away the following on the night:
- One copy Luke Wroblewski's book 'Mobile First' - thanks to Luke & A Book Apart
- Three copies of Mockups for Desktop - thanks to Balsamiq
- One copy of Axure - thanks to Axure
About Keith Doyle
Keith is a freelance UX consultant specialising in responsive user experience
Thanks also to Simple Usability for hosting the event and providing refreshments
When & Where
Northern User Experience
Northern User Experience is an informal community for people interested in usability, HCI, information design and all aspects of the user experience. Our membership is as diverse as the field itself, with developers, academics, usability specialists, accessibility experts and technical authors all represented. Whatever your interest in usability, we hope you will find something useful here.
We meet regularly to learn, debate and socialise. There may be a presentation, followed by a discussion and a visit to the pub, but the group drives the agenda, and we have plans to include more practical sessions, such as a UI problem-solving workshop.
Manchester events are usually on the first Monday of the month, Leeds events on the fourth Monday of the month.
Events are free and open to all. We are unfunded, and rely on the goodwill and energy of our members to contribute and make the events work. If you have something interesting to share with the group, and are willing to put together a short presentation, please get in touch.