San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Returning to Live at All Hallows for the fourth time, as part of the tour supporting their new album, are two of our favourite musicians who it is always a pleasure to work with, O'Hooley & Tidow.
Following a personal invite from Billy Bragg to play Glastonbury, sessions on 6 Music and Radio 2, a five star live review and feature in The Guardian, O’Hooley & Tidow are regarded as ‘one of British folk’s mightiest combinations’ (Mojo). Their forthcoming new album Shadows (released Summer ’16) is the follow up to groundbreaking album The Hum, which earned them a place in Mojo’s Top 10 Folk Albums of 2014 and a nomination for ‘Best Duo’ in last year’s BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards.
Having the originality and skill to invite comparison with the most celebrated harmony duos, from early Simon and Garfunkel to the iconic Kate and Anna McGarrigle, Belinda and Heidi’s powerful, deeply moving, and soulful performances are infused with an honesty and empathy that will disarm the hardest of heart.
Belinda and Heidi have been Live At All Hallows favourites since we started doing these gigs. This is the fourth time they've headlined for us, and they also performed for us in April '14 as part of the Lucy Ward band, meaning they get the "most gigs at LAAH" crown.....
There will be no support act for this gig as Belinda and Heidi have promised us two sets themselves...
Combining captivating, ethereal music with an earthy sense of humour and a generous dose of human kindness and solidarity, O'Hooley & Tidow embody the Live at All Hallows team's "ideal artists to book".... and we're very excited to be able to host them once more.
And if you want to make it a full night out, between 6pm and 8pm you will be able to enjoy a lovely main meal and/or a scrummy dessert from the The Real Junk Food Project @ All Hallows. The Real Junk Food Project intercepts food that would otherwise go to waste from supermarkets, restaurants and a number of other sources, and turns it into delicious, nutritious meals for visitors on a pay-as-you-feel donation basis.
Tickets for the gig are £12 in advance, more on the door, and will also be available in due course via Jumbo Records.
* * * * * The Guardian
‘Formidably brilliant.’ Independent
‘Brave, beautiful and full of love.’ Martin Simpson
‘In the leading ranks of the new wave of folk music aristocracy.’
Tom Robinson, 6 Music
Save This Event
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.