On the Edge - London
Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM (BST)
London, United Kingdom
London 21 June 2012
It’s time to get your edge.
Take part in an incredible journey of discovery as On The Edge hosts marketing’s leading figures, ensuring this provocative one-day conference and networking event is packed with insights guaranteed to get you and your team thinking. Challenging theories and questioning creativity is just the start.
Marketing is entering another new era. The web has revolutionised the way we communicate yet traditional offline efforts remain the focal point for many brands.
Campaigns have a reach like never before, but maximising impact relies on spinning traditional values with contemporary advancement. It’s a new kind of marketing, where digital rocks but old-school still rolls and where collaborate working equals success. But there’s still room for the maverick.
Technological advances aligned with the social media juggernaut leaves no room for mediocrity. Only the smart will survive.
On The Edge is about breaking rules and making up new ones. Can you afford to miss out?
“Two billion people are already online. E-commerce sales are $8 trillion a year. Today, change is happening at a pace and scale with no historic precedent. You need an edge.”
Ajaz Ahmed, Co-founder, AKQA – The world’s most awarded and successful digital agency.
On The Edge is an incredible one-day digital conference bringing together the most inspirational and successful speakers from the digital world. You and hundreds of other business professionals from the world’s most influential brands will learn the secrets of digital marketing success in a unique event that will push boundaries, re-write rules and leave you with no alternative but to succeed. Guaranteed.
What you’ll learn:
- Walk away with all the knowledge and insights you require to implement an effective digital marketing strategy for your organisation, including:
- Ten top SEO tips you aren’t allowed to share
- 7 laws every business should live by in a world gone digital
- What works and what doesn’t with online advertising
- 5 actionable strategies for online video to gain competitive advantage
- Harness the latest internet & mobile innovations fuelling the digital revolution
- Understand and engage with Gen Y
- How new social signals affect ranking
- Mobile Technology – why experience is the new holy grail for marketing
- Learn from big name brands, including RedBull and Barclays, how they have succeeded through digital marketing.
- Discover digital marketing secrets from the agencies that help build great brands, including Nike, Audi, Unilever, XBOX 360 & Ferrari
- Gain inspiration from world-renowned speaker, Frank Dick OBE, ex Great Britain Olympic coach.
What else you will get:
- Network with fellow marketing professionals from some of the UK’s biggest brands: Barclays, BA, Vodafone, M&G Investments, Selfridges, Huddle, Wunderman, RBS, Fabric, Virgin Media, Sky, Google and many more.
- We’ll provide you with a goody-bag, full of speaker notes and much more!
- Receive a complimentary copy of Ajaz Ahmed’s best-selling book worth £12.99 – The Seven New Laws for a World Gone Digital
- Enjoy a sumptuous lunch and as much coffee as you can handle at one of London’s premier conference venues
- Earn CPD points
- A guaranteed seat for every speaker session
- Use the FREE Wi-Fi to keep up with your working day and implement your new strategies straight away.
- We’re so confident that On The Edge will deliver everything you need and more to achieve digital marketing success, we’re even prepared to offer you a 100% money-back guarantee!
Who you will learn from:
|Ajaz Ahmed, Co-founder, AKQA Topic: The 7 New Laws for a World Gone Digital|
|Frank Dick OBE, Ex-GB Olympic Coach Topic: Leadership|
|Nigel Trood, Ex-MD, Red Bull Topic: Redbull (Case study) - How does a brand win the hearts and minds of consumers|
|Judith Lewis, Head of Search, Beyond Topic: Search beats social with a big stick - How To Achieve World Domination with SEO and Paid Search|
|Karl Havard, Client Strategy Director, TBG Digital Topic: Online Advertising – Stand out from the crowd – Breaking through 99.9% of the sub-conscious spam filters|
|Giles Richardson, Head of Personalisation, Barclays Bank Topic: Personalisation, making lives easier and the right side of creepy|
|Grégory Roekens, CTO, Wunderman Topic: Mobile Technology - The Experiential Revolution – why experience is the new holy grail for marketing|
|Mark Sinclair, Founder, yourBusinessChannel Topic: Video - How to harness video to gain serious competitive advantage in any market|
|Alan Stevens, Founder, MediaCoach.co.uk Topic: Why your PR is pants and your social media sucks!|
Who is attending:
Marketers, Business Owners, Copywriters, Designers, Brand Managers, Analysts, Account Managers, PR Managers, Event Managers, Social Media Experts from a whole range of companies including: Barclays, BA, Vodafone, M&G Investments, Selfridges, Huddle, Wunderman, RBS, Fabric, Virgin Media, Sky, Google and many more.
Who should attend:
Anyone interested in furthering their knowledge and understanding of digital marketing. If you want to have a competitive edge, this conference is for you.
What else you will get on the day:
- You will learn secrets and actionable strategies from some of the marketing industry’s leading figures;
- Network with leading marketing professionals, build relationships and make new business contacts;
- Enjoy a sumptuous lunch and as much coffee as you can handle at one of London’s premier conference venues;
- We’ll provide you with a goody-bag, full speaker notes and much more!
Earn CPD points:
If you’re currently undertaking the CPD scheme then this event will be particularly beneficial to you as the hours you spend at the conference will count towards your CPD record.
About the venue:
This spacious, awe-inspiring venue often has both the speakers and attendees looking in wonder. The size and overall atmosphere of the venue easily permits the attendees to sit in a relaxed theatre style where they are able to consume the tips and techniques being handed out whilst comfortably sitting amongst industry peers.
The Congress Centre benefits from excellent transport links by tube (direct to Euston, Charing Cross, Waterloo and Liverpool Street mainline stations), and has two public car parks in the immediate vicinity located in Great Russell Street and Museum Street, as well as metered on-street parking.
On The Edge is being organised by the most progressive community for marketing professionals throughout the UK: With more than 6,000 members, the UK Marketing Network is an active forum engaging like-minded professionals with hot industry news, events and discussions that are followed by 16,000+ twitter followers.
On The Edge will witness talented speakers share their knowledge and perception on where the marketing industry is heading, with the clear intention that we are each able to govern the ideas and technology trends we are following.
|08.30||Arrival & Registration with the much needed coffee to prepare you for the busy day!|
|09.00||Welcome & Introduction by Charles Nixon|
|09.10||Mark Sinclair: ”Video - Harnessing video to gain serious competitive advantage”|
|09.50||Karl Havard: “Online Advertising – Breaking through sub-conscious spam filters”|
|10.30||Ajaz Ahmed: “The Seven New Laws for a World Gone Digital”|
|11.10 – 11.30||Morning Tea & Coffee Break|
|11.30||Giles Richardson: “Personalisation – The right side of creepy”|
|12.10||Alan Stevens: “Why your PR is pants and your social media sucks!”|
|12.50 – 14.00||Lunch|
|14.00||Nigel Trood: “How does a brand win the hearts and minds of consumers?”|
|14.40||Grégory Roekens: “Mobile Technology – The Experiential Revolution”|
|15.20 – 15.45||Afternoon Tea & Coffee Break|
|15.45||Judith Lewis: "Search Beats Social With a Big Stick”|
|16.25||Frank Dick OBE: “Leadership“|
*minor changes to the adgenda may occur
For full details on the speakers, agenda and more visit the On the Edge London website
Tickets are limited so don't delay,
For this event we'll be using #EdgeLondon and it would be great to read your tweets
If you have any questions about this conference, we would love to hear from you.
|Event Manager||Natasha Preocanin|