San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are you aged 13 -16?
Would you like to design and make your own app/website/ animation or try out a 3D printer?
Book your ticket for One Day Digital Aberdeen!
We are working with Industry experts to bring you an action-packed day of digital making. Whether you would like to learn how to code, use a 3D printer or learn some digital media skills we have the session for you! Choose from the sessions below to secure your spot.
Why should I take part?
- A fun day with digital industry experts
- Free event, with limited spaces
- A unique opportunity for you to meet real world digital experts and your own app, website, animation, game or try out a 3D printer.
- Meet new, likeminded people
- There will be Free Raspberry Pi’s and Arduino kits to give away!
- Free lunch will be provided!
Choose Your Session
Choose from the session below to secure your place, remember spaces are limited and tickets are issued on a first come first served basis. Each session runs all day so please choose only one session per person.
- Raspberry Pi: Design and code behaviours for your own video game character and put it to the test all on a Raspberry Pi, a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. This stream will introduce the basics of programming for video games using the Python programming language. You’ll come away with a customised character and your very own game that you can keep working on after the event!
- Coder Dojo: Build and publish your own HTML5 web site or web app with the CoderDojo coding club. No previous coding experience is necessary. You will work with CoderDojo mentors to design and develop your digital creation. By the end of the day, you will publish your new digital creation to the web where you can share it with your friends and family. After the session, we will keep your creation online, and we will show you how you can download it so you’ll be ready to develop version 2!
- Young Rewired State: Coding is for everyone! Learn how to create cool stuff the 'hackathon' way by coming along, learning a thing or two about coding, and working with likeminded people to create awesome things using technology. To participate in this session you will require an intermediate knowledge of coding.
- Stop-Frame Animation with BBC: Why not try stop-frame animation and bring your story to life with BBC Scotland L.A.B. In groups we will story board, make models, animate, add sound effects and music to create a short film by the end of the day. All you have to do is ... be prepared to work as part of a team, be creative and have fun! The session is ideal if you have never done any animation before.
- Arduino: Design and prototype your own physical app using Arduino micro controllers. This is a fast paced, hands on workshop where you can use your own ideas and experiment with electronics and code.
- How long is the event?
Each session will last all day 10am to approx. 4:30 with a break for lunch, so please only sign up for one session per person.
- Can my parents come?
We only have spaces for young people to attend these events.
- Should I bring lunch?
Lunch is provided free! However, if you have an allergy we ask that you bring your own lunch if you prefer.
- How much does it cost?
This event is completely free of charge and is a unique opportunity to get some hands-on experience from the best in the business!
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
We will provide all hardware and software as well as a tasty lunch. Please bring your signed parental permission slip with you, we will post this to you after you have registered.
- Who are Nesta?
Nesta is the UK's innovation foundation, visit our website: www.nesta.org.uk
- What if I sign-up for a ticket and then can’t attend?
If you sign-up for a ticket and then find you can’t attend we ask that you let us know so we can make the space available for someone else. You can email us at: email@example.com or phone us: 01382 229521
Any other questions?
Phone us on: 01382 229521 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The One Day Digital events are organised by Nesta, the UK’s innovation foundation. We are supported by Nominet Trust, Think Big with O2 and the Scottish Government. Our delivery partners include BBC, STV, Mozilla, MAKLab, the University of Dundee, Coder Dojo, Quartic Llama and Young Rewired State.
When & Where
One Day Digital
The One Day Digital events are organised by Nesta, the UK’s innovation foundation. We are supported by Nominet Trust, Mozilla and the Scottish Government. Using industry and educational partners we are supporting Scottish teachers to use digital tools in the classroom. This event is open to any primary school teacher in Scotland.