Overview of ATEX - February - Fareham
Tuesday, 12 February 2013 from 09:00 to 12:30 (GMT)
Fareham, United Kingdom
The ATEX Directives aim to increase safety within potentially explosive atmospheres. Understanding what an explosive atmosphere is, the types of equipment allowed in explosive atmospheres and knowledge of safety measures to prevent an explosion is essential to enable compliance with the requirements of these Directives.
At the end of the seminar delegates will be able to have:
· Basic understanding of ATEX
· Knowledge of markings
· Understanding of what needs to be done to ensure compliance with the ATEX directive.
· Introduction to the ATEX Directives
· What causes an explosion? Gas /Dust
· ATEX Equipment – Electrical/Mechanical Protection
· Product Marking
· Overview of the relating CE Marking Directives
This seminar has been created for product designers, project managers and those who work in the industries that the ATEX Directive applies to.
This is a half day course for delegates and is limited to a maximum of 10 delegates.
Andrew is a degree qualified engineer with a wide practical basis and a broad skill set ranging from presentations to full product certification in accordance with Directive 94/9/EC. He has over 7 years experience in the oil and gas industry both as an electrical / mechanical design engineer and more recently in a consultancy role. Over this time Andrew has worked with many companies including Caterpillar INC, MTU, Volvo, Shell, Ranhill Worley Parsons, Schlumberger and Shell to name a few.
Why Choose TUV SUD Product Service?
· TÜV SÜD can assist manufacturers to meet the requirements of the ATEX Directive for equipment, safety / control and regulation devices, components, and protective systems.
· This training course will give you the competitive edge right from the design stage.
· We will help minimise business risks and costs.
· We have international and local experts in all key markets worldwide
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.