Oxford 'Pitching for Management' at Critchleys
Tuesday, 11 June 2013 from 17:00 to 20:30 (BST)
1. Experienced advisors/NEDs from Funding Raising, IT (social network in particular) and Recruitment business background and with excellent track record are needed for a social network start-up company based in London, which is very innovative and aims to disrupt the graduate recruitment market. The business is endorsed, recognised and sponsored by the UK government as having developed ‘world-class innovative ideas or entrepreneurial skills’, and it has a high potential to reach a global presence in the foreseeable future.
2. If empowering/inspiring people on a global scale interests you, then our founder needs you, as this new B2B learning application publisher partnered with BlackBerry requires:
- A stellar software developer (CTO designate) to help migrate/develop our cross platform cloud based “app factory” technology. This remote workingpart time role would be a sweat equity based opportunity/arrangement until revenue/funding allows otherwise.
- A strong sales/marketing director to help drive strategy/funding and content jv’s/partnerships. This remote working role would be a commission/sweat equity based opportunity until revenue/funding allows otherwise.
3. Off-grid clean energy, post startup system integration business are seeking a Technical Director with product development and launch experience, preferably in power electronics/electrical engineering. Systems engineering background is important. We design and build hybrid, off-grid power systems which deliver reliable, unattended, autonomous power. The business will move towards products (OEM and proprietary) distribution. No involvement in the grid-tied, subsidised sector. Markets include industrial/commercial sectors: security systems, Rail & Utilities’ infrastructure, Marine and Military. RoW markets include rural electrification and urban intermittent supply solutions. 0.2% of identified markets would generate £500M p.a. revenue. Sweat equity opportunity, profit share asap
4. Experienced VC backed team running Hospital based captive audience media channel requiresomeone who will take them out of the vortex and help them to develop their business into the mobile environment. The role will be part-time working remotely with a remuneration packagetailored to suit the needs of the successful candidate.
5. A spin-in to the European Space Agency business Incubator at Harwell Oxford and the California nanoSystems Institute at the University of California Los Angeles, is using space heritage technology to transform the portability, cost and functionality of X-ray systems which are used in 60% of all medical imaging procedures worldwide. The initial focus is on high value clinical applications which will disrupt a $5bn market but further markets will follow, including in security and industrial inspection. Subject to closing funding in September,we are looking to recruit a Production Planner/Project Manager, a senior Administrator and a part-time CFO.
6. An enterprise education software company (EdTech), developed with exclusive education rights to Wazoku's Idea Spotlight platform. We require a CTO to join our small start-up and assist in the further development of our collaborative tool for a national and later global rollout. The CTO role will be based at the company’s office in Shepherds Bush, London. We are looking for someone with a keen interest to be part of our start-up, a solid technical background and experience in Python. This role is full time but we are open to negotiating a part-time role initially if desired. Remuneration or Package on Offer plus equity: Negotiable.
Parking can be found at the Westgate car park which is a two minute walk from Critchleys, a map can be seen here and information about charges and other parking options in Oxford can be seen here. Alternatively, there are plenty of public transport links to the City Centre and Park and Ride is often the easiest way to travel, options for this can be seen here.
Please join us for the latest Pitching for Management™ event at Critchleys in Oxford on 11th June 2013 at 5.00pm - 8.30pm.
At these events, exciting start-up and entrepreneurial businesses present their companies and the roles available to a room of senior quality business professionals. The roles on offer range from sales, marketing and finance board positions to mentorships, chair, CEO and non-executive director positions.
The roles can be full or part time. Some offer paid remuneration and all packages offer additional rewards such as sweat equity, share options, commissions and bonuses.
If you think you could make a significant difference to a fast-growing company, then this is the event for you. The networking is also highly recommended.
17.00 : Registration & soft drinks
17.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg
17.35: Welcome from our hosts at Critchleys
17.40 : Claire Borton, Marks & Clerk
17.45 : Pitching Companies
18.15 : Break
18.25 : Sandy Finlayson, MBM Commercial
18.30 : Pitching Companies
19.00: David Doughty - Executive Transitions
19.05: Networking and nibbles
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.