Paediatric First Aid (Ofsted compliant) - Weekend 1st & 2nd July 2017
Saturday, 1 July 2017 at 09:00 - Sunday, 2 July 2017 at 16:00 (BST)
Paediatric First Aid
This two-day paediatric first aid course has been developed for those who are
working with children and infants. It will be of particular interest to teachers, child
minders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel and anyone else who has a
responsibility for their welfare whilst in your care.
This two-day course satisfies the guidelines and criteria as laid down by the Early
Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and OFSTED.
In order to obtain this qualification, you must attend both days.
• First aid kit
• The role of the first aider
• Managing an emergency and where to obtain help
• Communication and casualty care
• Treatment of an unconscious casualty
• Resuscitation (child, infants and adult protocols)
• Spinal injuries
• Choking (Child, infant and adult protocols)
• Asthma and diabetic emergencies
• Head injuries
• Extremes of hot and cold
• Sprains, strains and fractures
• Poisoning, bites and stings
• Foreign objects
• Eye injuries
• Childhood conditions (e.g. meningitis an croup)
• Sickle cell anaemia.
Trainer: Emily Mottershead, EMT First Aid and Lifeguard Training
More First Aid courses available from EMT at:
Save This Event
When & Where
South Thames Early Education Partnership and Teaching School Alliance. (STEEP)
STEEP- the South Thames Early Education Partnership;
Six South London, Nursery Schools and Children’s Centres, with a long history working with children and families.
- Support and Training for Childminders,
- Initial Teacher Education,
- CPD for Early Years professionals in schools and settings.