PART 2 INVERNESS: Leadership Development for Third Sector Interface Leaders
Wednesday, 3 September 2014 from 09:30 to 16:00 (BST)
Inverness, United Kingdom
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Leadership Development Programme for Third
Sector Interface Leaders
ACOSVO, Voluntary Action Scotland and Animate have joined forces to deliver a FREE two part Leadership programme for all Third Sector Interface Leaders.
Animate will facilitate the course through a blend of didactic and experiential learning; offering opportunities for individual reflection, small and large group discussions. The programme will have an emphasis on developing skills and confidence in: Strengthening Leadership, Influencing and Negotiation, Collaboration
As part of the programme, you will receive free ACOSVO membership for a year (if you are currently a member, you will get next year's membership for free). ACOSVO is a membership led organisation that provides Chief Officers/Senior Managers of Scottish Voluntary Organisations a confidential space in which to network and connect with other leaders to share and learn good practice.
Additionally, you will also have the opportunity to undertake a 'Leadership Exchange'. This initiative matches third sector leaders with those from the wider public sector and allows peer support, knowledge sharing and learning across sectors. Click here to find out more about ACOSVO and here to find out more about Leadership Exchanges.
Part One (May-June 2014)
The focus will be on oneself; the role of leader – considering personal style and its potential impacts, understanding the leadership required by the organisation at present, exploring issues of power and authority.
- Leadership roles and theories
- Exploring your leadership role, within your organisation in its context (Transforming Experience Framework)
- Power and Authority
- Leadership Compass (experiential exercise to explore different approaches to work/personal preferences, based on the work of Carl Jung)
- Personal action planning, and co-ordinating peer support through the summer
The focus will be on developing strong collaboration through developing skills and confidence in influencing/negotiating, and working with, others.
- Strategic influencing skills
- Negotiation skills – with an emphasis on crafting questions
- Frameworks for understanding group dynamics
- Planning for strong collaboration/partnership
- Personal action planning, and co-ordinating peer support
Dates for part one:
28th May -Scottish Refugee Council, 5 Cadogan Square,170 Blythswood Square, Glasgow, G2 7PH
29th May - ACOSVO, Thorn House, 5 Rose St, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR
6th June - RBS, 1st floor Affric House, Beechwood Park, Inverness, IV2 3BW
23rd June - The Salvation Army, Aberdeen Citadel Corps, 28 Castle Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5BG
Dates for part two:
26th Aug - The Salvation Army, Aberdeen Citadel Corps, 28 Castle Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5BG
3rd Sep - Albyn Housing Society Ltd, 68 MacLennan Crescent, Inverness, IV3 8DN
8th Sep - Voluntary Action Scotland, Robertson House, 152 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4TB
16th Sep - ACOSVO, Thorn House, 5 Rose St, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR
When & Where
Our Vision: "an increasingly successful third sector, in which its Chief Officers are inspired to maximize their impact"
- To develop leadership capacity in the Scottish Third Sector.
- To support and champion leaders in the Scottish Third sector in Scotland.
- To develop & sustain ACOSVO as a high-quality, sustainable, well-governed organisation.
Click HERE to become a member or to find out more