Personal Branding with Zena Everett
Saturday, November 16, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Are you thinking about changing careers or going back to work to do something different? Are you unsure about how to find work in the digital, contemporary job market? Are you struggling to market your skills as a freelancer or consultant? Have you been applying for jobs but not getting much response?
This masterclass is based on the philosophy that candidates need to stop looking for a job with everyone else on the market. Instead they need to start to create opportunities for themselves by identifying and marketing their expertise ('the hidden job market').
During this interactive and challenging session we will:
- Think broadly about the highlights of your career to do date
- Drill down into your expertise - functional, sector, specialist knowledge and networks. What makes you different?
- Understand what you have to offer a potential employer
- Explain this clearly in a digital marketplace, including on your CV and using social media such as LinkedIn and Twitter
- Work on your elevator pitch – what are the three things that you want potential employers to know about you?
- Think about the impression you make at interviews and networking
- Discover how to make yourself visible and attractive to headhunters, recruiters and direct employers and position yourself in a global talent pool
- Understand how to keep building mutually beneficial networks to avoid future derailment
Zena Everett has a unique combination of recruitment, entrepreneurial and coaching experience. She started, ran then sold a recruitment business, Perriam and Everett, which recruited staff for the recruitment sector itself. This gives her a valuable network within UK professional services search and selection firms and understanding of contemporary recruitment processes. She then studied an MSc in Career Management and Counselling, researching effective CV writing for her dissertation. She has further qualifications in stress management, psychological and performance coaching using cognitive behavioural techniques. Zena now coaches individuals to develop their careers both in organisations and on the external job market, as well as running masterclasses in personal branding and career confidence.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.