Protecting All Our Children - Tackling Grooming, Safeguarding Children in all Communities
Thursday, 20 June 2013 from 09:30 to 16:30 (BST)
PROTECTING ALL OUR CHILDREN
Tackling Grooming, Safeguarding Children in all Communities
This is a national conference organised by the Muslim Council of Britain to address issues surrounding the grooming and abuse of children.
Grooming of children and child abuse are crimes that afflict all sections of our society; they need to be eradicated. Any attempt to stigmatise certain communities is unhelpful. Nevertheless, these problems do exist in Muslim communities and it requires a collective and robust response.
Click the link Protecting All Our Children to view more event details.
Speakers at the event will include:
- Farooq Murad - Secretary General, MCB
- Shaykh Ibrahim Mogra - Assistant Secretary General, MCB
- Nasima Patel - Executive Director, NSPCC
- Rt. Hon Keith Vaz MP - Chair, Home Affairs Select Committee
- Martin Hewitt - Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Metropolitan Police Services
- Julie Siddiqi - Executive Director, Islamic Society of Britain
- Alyas Karmani - STREET UK
- Maswood Ahmed MBA - Social Work Team Manager
- Ajmal Masroor - Muslim Relationship Expert, Barefoot Institute
- Joseph Harker - Journalist, Guardian
- Jehangir Malik OBE - Director, Islamic Relief UK
This is an important event, by invitation only and should be booked early as places are limited.
For any enquires contact the events co-ordinator on 0845 26 26 786 or email@example.com