Rapha Cycle Club Festive 500: Regent's Park
Thursday, 26 December 2013 from 10:00 to 12:00 (GMT)
Registration will be open from 10:00am on the 17th December.
Work off your Christmas dinner by joining us on Boxing Day for a spin around Regent's Park.
We have a maximum number of 10 spaces for this ride and that participation is by online sign-up only. As safety is a main concern, riders who turn up without a place will not be able to participate.
Please arrive at the club for 10:00 - We will be rolling out promptly at 10:30
Please think carefully about the average speed, distance and amount of climbing in this ride before signing-up. It is imperative that the group stays together at all times and is essential that you have experience of group riding. Please ask the ride leaders about our club ride rules upon arrival.
Our ride leaders will have supplies in case of emergency, but please come prepared with energy food, water and puncture repair kit etc. It is important that you check your bike over especially carefully before riding this distance, ensure your tyres are not worn and brakes/gears running correctly. Bring suitable clothing for wet weather and lights are fitted.
This is a social club ride, not a race.
- Club riding is about working together as a group, do not surge or pass the route leader at any time. The only exception to this rule is when climbing, always wait at the top for the group to catch up.
Signaling and road hazards.
- Always make the group aware of oncoming traffic or road hazards such as potholes and debris when necessary.
- It is important to hold your line with no sudden movements, always check if there’s room and signal to move out.
- If you’re not sure of the signaling conventions used in group riding, please ask the ride leaders before the ride departs.
- Under no circumstances should you cross wheels with the rider in front of you, this is dangerous and can cause accidents.
Bike maintenance and safety.
- Helmet use is compulsory.
- We recommend fitting mudguards (Crud RoadRacer or SKS Race Blade are good options for race frames) and lights.
- Ensure your bike is well maintained and clean, check brake pads and tyres for signs of wear.
Always listen to the ride leaders and please ask if you’re not sure about anything.
Show us evidence of your endeavours via the following methods, Strava, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blog and snail mail using the hashtag #festive500
Please visit http://www.rapha.cc/festive-500-2013 for further information.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.