Keeping Young adults safe– an introductory course for community groups and voluntary sector organisations who work with, engage and deliver activities or services for young adults
Concentrating specifically on the over 18s age group, this ½ day introductory course will provide participants with an understanding of their role in establishing a safe environment, and what you can do to create this environment. It will look at what we mean by the term ‘Safeguarding Adults’, the factors that may increase the risk of abuse and how to respond to suspected abuse.
This practical course explores some of the challenges for organisations who work with under and over 18 yrs. and the key differences in organisational responsibilities when dealing with Child Protection and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults.
By the end of this course you will be able to :
• Understand and apply the principles that underpin all safeguarding adults (including Mental Capacity Act)
• Recognise factors that may increase the risk of abuse for young adults
• Have gained understanding of the practices that create a safe environment
• Be able to recognise evidence and indicators of possible abuse
• Understand and be able to use procedures to enable suspected harm or abuse to be reported
• Have knowledge of implications of changes in legislation since the 2014 Care ActIf for any reason you are unable to attend the training please contact us on 01273 420973 or by email at email@example.com at your earliest convenience to cancel your place.
If you are unable to attend please let us know as soon as possible. There is a £15 charge for non-attendance without letting us know as places are limited and we want to ensure that all who want to attend are able to do so.
Safety Net has been providing child safety training, advice and guidance in Brighton since 1995. Our vision is to build safer communities for children and young people, where all children, young people and families know that they have the right to feel safe, the responsibility to keep others safe and the support to reach their full potential.
Our Mission: To work with communities to improve the safety and well-being of children, young people and families, at home, school and in their neighbourhoods.
Safety Net Projects
Staff / Volunteer Training and Development
DBS Checking and Support Service
Triple P Parenting Courses
Home Safety Equipment
Anti-Bullying and Assertiveness in Schools
Online Safety Workshops
For more information please visit www.safety-net.org.uk
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.