San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Access to finance has never been such a contentious issue for small businesses, yet arguably there have never been so many funding options at your disposal. The message from the banks, regardless of what the tabloids say, is that they’re very much ‘open for business’, but there are plenty of alternatives too, from business angels to crowdfunding.
This event is geared towards helping you understand all the funding options open to your business and then giving you the insider info on how to access the one that’s right for you.
We'll bring you the insights of the 'man from the bank' Nick Howe, regional enterprise manager, NatWest Business Banking; investor Luke Hakes from Octopus Investments; Darren Westlake, the founder of crowdfunding leader Crowdcube; and former Smarta 100 winner Sam Barnett whose start-up Struq has recently raised $8.5m. They will be joined by Gem Misa, another Smarta 100 winner and founder of salad dressings company Righteous, who this year raised investment though Crowdcube.
7pm: Event starts
9pm: Event ends and networking starts
This event is perfect for:
- Start-ups and small businesses looking to secure funding
You will learn:
- About all the finance options open to you
- Which types of finance suit different businesses and stages of growth
- How to access the finance you need
- How to ensure your company is ‘investment ready’
This session is split into two halves:
Session 1: Your finance options
Here we explore the different finance options open to you: hear directly from the bank, an angel investor, a crowdfunding provider and a business owner who boostrapped their business to success.
Session 2: Planning clinic
Now it’s time for you to get involved. Here we focus on providing personalised advice on what finance suits your business and hear from entrepreneurs and business owners who’ve taken and worked with the various finance options discussed in session 1.
Panel of experts:
- Shaa Wasmund (host)
- Luke Hakes, Octopus Investments
- Ex-Smarta 100 winner Sam Barnett of Struq
- Nick Howe, regional enterprise manager, NatWest Business Banking
- Darren Westlake, founder of Crowdcube
- Gem Misa, founder of Righteous and 2011 Smarta 100 winner