Home Printed Treats for Mum, Dad, You and the Easter Rabbit!
- Family & Education
- The Stanley & Audrey Burton Gallery, LS2 9JT Leeds
Dom Smith, editor of Soundsphere magazine, co-founder of the Disabled Entrepreneurs network and director of creative agency, The Creative Condition, will be in the Gallery to provide some key tips about getting ahead in the arts world and promoting your arts business or idea.
The key aim of this workshop is to inspire start-up creative business owners, artists and writers: And to address central aspects of business promotion from creating press releases and news story building, to utilising social media and blogging platforms to their full potential.
This workshop is open to all aged 16+, particularly professional or budding artists, creative thinkers, idea generators, entrepreneurs and fledgling journalists...
Please bring your own laptop if possible!
The workshop will run from 2pm until 4pm. For a basic structure of the day see below.
- Introductions / Dom's story
- Promoting your business or business idea to the press
- Key tips for the entrepreneurial artist - a practical exercise
- Building a news story - a practical session utilising the skills you have learned during the workshop - news stories written will be publicised or written up on The Creative Condition website (with permission).
For more information on Dom's work visit:
The Creative Condition: http://www.thecreativecondition.co.uk
Disabled Entrepreneurs: http://www.disabledentrepreneurs.co.uk
For more information contact the Gallery on 0113 3432778 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A hidden gem at the heart of the University of Leeds campus, the Stanley & Audrey Burton Gallery offers both innovative temporary exhibitions and displays treasures from the University Art Collection.
Telephone: 0113 343 2778
Fax: 0113 343 5561 (Please mark for the attention of the Art Gallery)
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.