When people think of Social media they think mainly of B2C (Consumer) based applications, sometimes "G2C" (Government to Citizen) - but far less often the more B2B and value chain based aspects of Enterprise/Business aspects of Social Media.
This is the "Elephant in the Ecosystem" - its huge, its a patchwork of inter-related things so hard to get your head around easily and see clearly. The aim of this event is to look at this unmentioned "Elmer" (hence the graphic) from lots of angles, so we may get a better view of what it is.
So, what we thought we would talk about is how Social Media can be used by:
- Enterprises: How can Enterprises use it internally to re-engineer themselves,
- Supply and Value Chains: How does it restructure a B2B value chain, which can be complex and global
- How to create sustainable business value, not an easy to replicate one-off.
Also, we want to touch on the Hard Stuff that is brushed under the carpet, for example:
- how to integrate into existing heritage systems,
- how to handle security issues,
- whether a flat social network structure can work in a firm
And that's never minding the potential Returns on Investment.
The idea is to have a number of short talks from a wide variety of people with various angles on the subject, a Q&A session, and then break for drinks and informal discussion.
For speakers and updates check out:
- Alan Patrick's Broadstuff blog over here
- David Terrar's blog over here
The £10 covers drinks and nibbles. Any profits will be spent on wild party....down the pub aftrerwards
By the way, re ordering tickets - in testing we found that Paypal doesn't seem to accept all credit cards off Eventbrite, and Firefox sometimes hangs - so do persevere.
When & Where