Starting and Growing a Business
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This monthly workshop is provided by UCL Advances' Business Support Team for companies that are still in the early stages of starting up their business or have started up but still have questions.
Francis Seriau who will be leading the workshop has a unique track record with 30 years experience as a music entrepreneur, educator and mentor:
- Founder of the world renowned Tech Music Schools
- Established the leading brand in music education in Europe
- Created, scaled and managed an international business active in 50 countries across the world
- Successfully sold it in 2010.
- Honorary Doctorate & Fellow of the RSA
◦ Session 1: (2 hours)
- Blue Print: Vision, Mission, Strategy
- Validation of the product/ research
- Registering idea/ IP/ Trade Marking
- Legal Structure
- Registering Company
- Financial management systems: P&L, Bookkeeping, Cash flow, VAT
- Any questions about other starting up procedures
- Building a website
- Marketing/Promotion/PR/Sales including how to make an impact and get through the door
- Leadership: Leading a team and inspiring
- Human relationships and HR
◦ Session 2: (2 hours)
- Interactive workshop on some of the key topics covered in Session 1
- Typical issues that later stage companies encounter and how to deal with them
- Advisers and their role in the grow of your company
- Sales and marketing techniques (how to make an impact and get through the door)
Refreshments will be available in the break. Please contact email@example.com if you have any specific requirements.
Where: Room 431, SSEES Building, 16 Taviton Street, London WC1H 0BW
When: 27th March, 1pm to 5.30pm
When & Where
UCL Advances, UCL's centre for entrepreneurship and business interaction, helps anyone who wants to learn about, start or grow a business. It’s primary role is to promote a culture of entrepreneurship on campus and engagement with entrepreneurs and small businesses beyond UCL’s boundaries. It works to support start-ups and small businesses across London by helping them to access the technical and business expertise of UCL’s staff and students through a series of programmes to help support ambitious young companies.
UCL Advances is affiliated with UCL Enterprise, which provides UCL’s structures for engaging with business for commercial and societal benefit.