Strategic touring programme briefing event, north west
Wednesday, 22 February 2012 from 13:30 to 16:30 (GMT)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Arts Council England – Strategic touring programme briefing event
Date: Wednesday 22 February 2012
Venue: The Pyramid
Palmyra Square South
Time: 1.30pm - 4.30pm (registration opens at 1.00pm)
About the briefing:
The Arts Council’s Strategic touring programme was launched on 5 December 2011. The programme aims to ensure that people across England have improved access to great art visiting their local area. This includes:
- better access to high quality work for people in places in England which rely on touring for much of their arts provision
- more high quality work to reach people and places with the least engagement
- more high quality work on tour connecting more effectively with people across a wide range of venues
The briefing will:
- outline the new programme and its aims, which have been drawn from our national approach to touring
- provide an opportunity to hear about the programme first hand and ask questions about it
- provide the opportunity to network with potential partners within the region and to discuss any ideas you might have regarding working with other organisations nationally
Who should attend?
The programme is open to people working in a wide range of roles both within and outside Arts Council England’s National portfolio organisations including: artists, producers, promoters, festivals, museums, libraries and local authorities.
We anticipate demand for this event will be high so places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis and strictly limited to one person per organisation.
1.30pm Briefing and Q&A session
3.00pm Networking session
Registration closes on Wednesday 15 February at 12.00 noon.
If you are unable to attend the session visit the Arts Council England website for further information. Alternatively you could attend one of our briefing sessions in Newcastle on 21 February and Dewsbury on 23 February.
When & Where
Arts Council England
For more information please contact Guy.Taylor@artscouncil.org.uk